The ultimate Atari collection is coming to the Nintendo Switch with Atari Flashback. Atari has already released two installments of the collection on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with plans to release a third volume later this year. But, with the Nintendo Switch version, you’ll get the entire Atari legacy in one release.
“For the Atari Flashback collection on Switch, you’ll be getting all 150 games,” states an article from Vooks. This massive library includes many of Atari’s arcade favorites, as well as classics from the Atari 2600 and Atari 7800. All of these games will be playable in the Nintendo Switch’s handheld and docked configurations.
In addition, M-Network titles from the Intellivision lineup will be included, containing favorites like Night Stalker, Astrosmash, and the entire Swordquest legacy.
According to the article, all of the games that require a trackball will enlist touch-screen controls to capture the sensitivity and preciseness that some of them require. Centipede, Millipede, and Missile Command should play like a dream.
A breakdown of the Atari Flashback features via Resetera are as follows:
- Each game in the collection contains every version of that specific title
- Includes all 150 games from every Atari Flashback volume
- It will contain several M-Network games by Mattel, such as Astroblast
- Arcade games will have cabinet art as their backgrounds
- Console games will include manuals
- Touch-screen controls and save states
- Select screen shows box art or the arcade cabinet when you select a game
- Several unreleased games are included such as Holy Moley and Sword Fight
If you’re going to pick up any of the Atari Flashback collections, it looks like the Nintendo Switch version is the best bang for your buck. No price for the collection has been released yet
The Switch version of the product will launch sometime later this year along with Atari Flashback Vol. 3 on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The first two Atari Flashback collections are available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.
I’m a lover of good stories and good coffee. I still haven’t finished The Witcher 3 yet.