For the past week, Koei Tecmo has been counting down to the announcement of a new game from Dynasty Warriors developer Omega Force. Many fans have been speculating what game the countdown is alluding to, and just recently found out that it is an upcoming Attack on Titan game.
Previous messages read:
- Day 1: “This is not ‘Warriors.’”
- Day 2: “It comes from the beyond.”
- Day 3: “In a world of fear and despair.”
- Day 4: “Who can you truly trust?”
- Day 5: “Is this world even real?”
- Day 6: “With blade in hand, fight on!”
According to the Anime News Network, fans will be able to see on the the wraparound jacket band on the 17thAttack on Titan volume thatKoei Tecemo is working on an upcoming Attack on Titan game for a PlayStation platform or platforms this winter. The ad does not specify which platform, but it features a QR code that leads to the http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/shingeki/ URL, which is currently not live.
One Twitter user (Source) posted a picture of the latest manga issue of Attack on Titan which included an advertisement for a new Attack on Titan game for Playstation.
The massive success of Attack on Titan has spawned two upcoming films, a touring escape course, spin-off comics, a live-action television mini-series, and now, a second video game.
What do you think about the news? Do you think a new Attack on Titan game is a good idea this soon after Humanity in Chains, especially considering its largely negative reviews? Let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Krysta Thornton (see all)
- King’s Quest Chapter 2: Rubble Without A Cause Review - January 11, 2016
- Nintendo May Reveal NX in June - January 10, 2016
- Nintendo Network Maintenance Next Week - January 7, 2016