Indie game studio Thing Trunk has announced their new game, a dark fantasy action Role-Playing Game for PC, titled Book of Demons. The game is expected to be available on Steam in the second half of 2016. In addition thanks to the Humble Store, the game can now be pre-ordered at a promo price of $14.95 on the game’s official website.
About the Game:
“What makes Book of Demons stand out from the rest of fantasy hack & slash games are its many twists in the basic gameplay mechanics, paper cut-out graphics, unprecedented accessibility, and a dark theme intertwined with a fair dose of humor any fan of classic games should enjoy. The character system is built around a card system that supersedes and unifies items, skills, and spells. Current hack & slash games employ countless statistics that change the mechanics by a percentile in a continuous fashion. Book of Demons features multiple discrete player and monster mechanics that can be combined in a virtually infinite number of interesting ways to create near endless replayability.”
Key features of Book of Demons:
- Paper cut-out graphics
- Upgradable card system that unifies items, spells, and skills
- Unique movement and fighting system for more strategic gameplay
- Flexiscope™ system that adjusts sessions size to players’ liking
- Endless end-game mode with 100+ challenges
- First truly accessible hack & slash
- Randomized dungeons
- Single-player campaign with 3 character classes
- 60+ different monster types
- Lots of humor
Think Trunk has promised a more in-depth gameplay trailer will be coming soon. For more information on Book of Demons be sure to check back here. For other news, and great articles be sure to check out the rest of The Nerd Stash.