Colin Moriarty posted an image yesterday on social media stating he would be addressing his next steps tomorrow at 12 EST. This comes about a week after the personality revealed he would be leaving his position at Kinda Funny.
The image that came along with Moriarty’s announcement was a logo with the acronym CLS. Rumors had been circulating as to what exactly his future would be ever since his departure, but fans manage to figure it out even before his announcement.
After a user suggested it might be Colins Last Stand, a Patreon page was found under that moniker, one that was recently created in March, about the time of Colin’s departure. The page also linked back to his official twitter and the YouTube account, which was also created this month, links to Youtube.com/colinvsworld (which has since been removed or hidden).
Moriarty confirmed that this was indeed the official title, and his official Patreon when he made his announcement earlier today. The page details that Colin’s Last Stand will be a “politically or historically focused, and oftentimes both, with a runtime between 8 and 20 minutes per video.
Colin’s Last Stand will be predominantly on YouTube, with links to each video will also be sent out through Patreon. As it is a patreon product, there will also be tiers of payments, with coinciding rewards.
- $1 – Colin’s Undying Love and Admiration: A simple way to show support
- $5 – The Free-Thought Society: A message board where Colin and other users can post and interact
- $10 – An Exclusive Monthly Update and Q&A Video: Once A month Colin gives exclusive insight into the show and read viewer
- $25 – You’re Now A Producer: Your name will appear in the credits of every video created
- $50- Colin Moriarty, Pen Pal: Once a month, you’ll get a postcard written by Colin
- $100 – Personalized Thank You Video: If you support Colin’s Last Stand at this level for three months, you’ll get a personalized Thank You Video
Each tier reward will stack, so if you contribute to the $25 tier, you get the rewards of the ones below it. Since the announcement just a couple of hours ago, Colin’s Last Stand has already earned a staggering
$16,282 per month as a result of 2,256 patrons.
Colin’s Last Stand’s first video will air Monday, April 3rd. The personality stated that he hopes to “get at least one episode out a week, though it’s not out of the realm of possibility that many weeks will see two videos.”
He also stated that he will be jumping into the comments to answer questions, facilitate conversation, and partake in debate as much as physically possible. For more information, watch his official introduction video above and be sure to stay tuned to the site for updates.
Latest posts by Andrew McMahon (see all)
- Better Call Saul: “Expenses” Review - May 23, 2017
- Joss Whedon Has Replaced Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - May 22, 2017
- David Harbour Says Parts of Stranger Things Season 2 May Anger Fans - May 20, 2017