Don’t fear the reaper, just shut the gates. Death by disease, cancer, and many other woes await you in Crusader Kings II: The Reaper’s Due, the latest expansion for the medieval life simulator of 2012.
CKII: The Reaper’s Due is packed to the brim with the macabre and depressing details of medieval life. Your towns will be reduced to piles of human ash; the churches will be forlorn as their Gods didn’t stop the impending plague. Your body will ache, your mind will pulse with pain, and your limbs could (should) be amputated. All of this plus hospitals, new pets, social interactions, and glorious death sounds await you in the latest expansion.
The Reaper’s Due introduces many new systems and features to what is already the richest medieval tapestry in gaming: [source]
- The Black Death: New additions to epidemic system include this super destructive disease and a new map mode that track the expansion of deadly illnesses.
- Court Physicians: This new position for learned courtiers opens up a series of events tied to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases with medieval tech.
- Hospitals: Slow down the spread of epidemics by investing in these outposts that care for the sick and infirm.
- Prosperity and Depopulation: Watch your provinces thrive under your careful attention and degrade under the pressures of diseases run amok.
- Seclusion: Take a page from the Masque of the Red Death and hide yourself away with your court as plagues ravage the countryside.
The latest Crusader Kings II expansion is out now and priced at a reasonable $10 US. What do you think about this gruesome expansion? Let us know what you think in the comments below and don’t forget to check back with The Nerd Stash for all of your gaming news.
Latest posts by Alex D'Alessandro (see all)
- Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man Review - October 19, 2016
- Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man Pre-Order Available - October 9, 2016
- Stardew Valley: Update 1.1 Live - October 3, 2016