Often, when games offer a pre-order bonus or two, those bonuses later become paid DLC for those who took a “wait and see” approach to the game. Developer Square Enix is taking a different approach with the pre-order bonuses for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Even though the game only released in August, all the pre-order bonuses that were offered as incentives to early buyers are now available completely free to anyone who owns the game.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided should update automatically for anyone who already owns it. The new content includes:
- An extra, in-game mission called “Desperate Measures”,
- Several different skins for protagonist Adam’s trench coat and armor,
- A reskin of the game’s pistol and combat rifle, and,
- “Various consumables” that give the player a variety of in-game bonuses.
In addition, players will be able to download three free e-books. These include the novella Deus Ex: Hard Line by James Swallow (which features Alex Vega), a mini comic book called The Dawning Darkness, and a book of the game’s artwork.
In addition to the extra content being made available, Square Enix has also included a fix for the last patch, which was supposed to fix crashing issues and some settings for the game not properly saving.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has received relatively mixed reviews, but we quite liked the freedom the game afforded, the interesting story, and the sense of power it gave with the different abilities. You can read our full review here. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is available now for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Do you think it’s a good idea for Square Enix to release the pre-order bonuses for free so soon after the game’s launch? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest posts by Jordan Baranowski (see all)
- Wonder Woman Has Screened – Here Are The Early Reactions - May 19, 2017
- The Witcher Is Coming To Netflix - May 17, 2017
- Pathfinder Adventure Path: Curse of the Crimson Throne Review - May 16, 2017