Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked, the adorable but brutally difficult follow-up to the equally brutal Don’t Starve, was released in Early Access to extremely positive reviews on December 1st. In a recent blog post, the developers have outlined the updates that are coming to the game over the upcoming months. We can expect to see updates “around every 3 weeks,” with the first scheduled update coming in mid-January and the next in late February. Some of the highlights of what we can expect to see soon in Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked are:
- Three new characters: Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked already saw the release of the ukelele-voiced Walani. But developer Klei is planning on three more characters to hit the waves soon.
- New bosses: The tiger shark boss is on the way, as well as two other yet-to-be-announced giant creatures.
- Game balance and world changes: A new biome and several items exclusive to Shipwrecked are still in the development stages. As the game is in Steam Early Access, there are still multiple balance tweaks that are still being worked on as well.
- World migration and integrated saves: Most likely coming “towards the end of the updates.” Expected to work in a method similar to the caves in Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants, players will be able to enter a portal and move between the world of the base Don’t Starve and that of Shipwrecked. Finally, escape from those thieving monkeys!
Besides these updates on the way, players can expect all manner of bug fixes and gameplay tweaks as the weeks go on. Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked is already a pretty robust and polished game, and Klei has always been pretty transparent and player-friendly. Now is a good time to hit the high seas with Wilson and crew with all these improvements on the horizon.
Playing Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked? What are you most excited about from these upcoming updates? Let us know!
Latest posts by Jordan Baranowski (see all)
- Football Manager 2018 Review - November 22, 2017
- Batman: The Enemy Within – Episode 3: Fractured Mask Review - November 22, 2017
- Watch The New Teaser For The Incredibles 2 - November 19, 2017