The ocean has come alive in the latest expansion for Europa Universalis IV — Mare Nostrum!
In this upcoming expansion, players will be tasked with taking to the seas like never before as they are tasked with recruiting sailors and traversing dangerous waters.
Here’s the latest information from Paradox Plaza [Source]
Mare Nostrum is the newest expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s best-selling historical grand strategy game, Europa Universalis IV. You now have even more tools at your disposal as you guide your nation through the early modern world. As its name suggests, Mare Nostrum introduces new systems connected to naval warfare and control of trade. The power of your fleets will depend on the number of sailors your nation can gather, and your ships can now be given missions and areas to patrol. There are also new options for creating trade leagues, and a host of other improvements.
- Sailors: Coastal provinces provide the manpower you need to man your warships.
- Naval Missions: New mission system makes it easier to send your fleets to a region, and expect them to survive.
- Barbary Pirates: North African Muslim states can raid the coastlines of their neighbors for gold and sailors.
- Trade Leagues: Merchant Republics can create trade leagues for mutual defense and mutual profit.
- Condottieri: Nations can rent their armies out to fight in other people’s wars, earning valuable coin for the realm
Let us know what you think about this upcoming expansion in the comments below.
Gaming from the swampy flatlands of Florida since 1989, Alex D’Alessandro is always looking for a way to stay inside and escape the southern heat.