Quantic Dream, the minds behind Beyond: Two Souls, is releasing a remastered version of 2005’s Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy.
Originally for the PS2, there was a remastered version for PC released in 2015. The updated textures in HD and controller support gave gamers a better experience with Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy. According to the F:IP website the remaster will have the following key features:
- Interactive Drama — An intuitive control scheme and spectacular split-screen presentation complement the game’s mysterious noir narrative.
- Extensive Replayability — With branching dialog and multiple endings, each playthrough of the game yields a different outcome.
- Multiple Characters — Take control of the narrative through four different playable characters, each illuminating a different perspective of the story.
- Fully Voiced Script — Every line from the extensive script is voiced by professional actors in English, French, German, and Spanish. Voice files may require a free in-game download.
- Cinematic Score — Fahrenheit features a fully orchestrated score composed by Angelo Badalamenti, famous for his extensive work with director David Lynch.
- Uncut version of the game — Unlike the original North American release, Remastered contains all of the game’s original scenes, uncensored and uncut.
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy served as a statement of thinking outside of the traditional gaming experiences box. At a time when there wasn’t emotion tied between the players and the game, Quantic Dream founder and CEO, David Cage, wanted Fahrenheit:Indigo Prophecy to “serve as a statement that games could be about character and genuine, meaningful emotional connections, and could depict said connections in more powerful ways than the games before it.”
The remastered version will hit the PS4 on July 18th, 2016.