The HyperX CloudX Pro Wired Gaming Headset is in a line of headsets that are considered to give you a lot of perks without breaking your wallet. Before this headset gamers were using the Cloud II, however, there is one big difference between the two. CloudX is geared more toward Xbox One users.
Let’s first take a look at the specs for this headset.
Transducer type: dynamic Ø 53mm
Operating principle: closed
Frequency response: 15Hz–25,000 Hz
Nominal impedance: 60 Ω per system
Nominal SPL: 98±3dB
T.H.D.: < 2%
Power handling capacity: 150mW
Sound coupling to the ear: circumaural
Ambient noise attenuation: approx. 20 dBa
Headband pressure: 5N
Weight with microphone and cable: 350g
Cable length and type: 1m + 2m extension + 10cm iPhone
Connection: mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm)
Transducer type: condenser (back electret)
Operating principle: pressure gradient
Polar pattern: cardioid
Power supply: AB powering
Supply voltage: 2V
Current consumption: max 0.5 mA
Nominal impedance: ≤2.2 kΩ
Open circuit voltage at f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
Frequency response: 100–12,000 Hz
THD: 2% at f = 1 kHz
Max. SPL: 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
Microphone output: -39±3dB
Length mic boom: 150mm (including gooseneck)
Capsule diameter: Ø6.5 mm
Connection: mini stereo jack plug (3.5mm)
- Black and Silver – nice design
- In-Line Audio Control so you can control your volume straight from the cable.
- Memory Foam Ear cushions and leatherette padded headband for comfort.
- Solid, durable aluminum frame to make it durable
- Hi-Fi capable with 53mm drivers that quality game audio.
- Detachable Noise Cancellation Microphone
- Teamspeak and Discord certified
- Compatible with PC, Xbox One, Xbox One S, PS4, PS4 Pro, Mac, Mobile and VR
- Tested and Approved by Microsoft for Xbox
- Hard Case Shell
- Dual 3.5mm Extension cable
- Guaranteed – two-year warranty, free technical support.
This headset is made similar to the previous HyperX headphones with a Black and Silver design.
It comes in a hardshell zipper case to keep it safe during travels.
When you first open up the case, this is what you see:
Everything is all tucked in safe and tight so they won’t be broken while traveling. The first thing you see is the green/black interchangeable memory foam ear cushions.
The headset comes with leather cushions but these are an option, as well. The headset comes with a braided cable attached and is set up by default to use in an Xbox One, however, it is compatible with the PS4 and PC. There is a separate cable to use for PC to make sure your headphones and mic are both operable.
There is a detachable mic that you can remove when you’re simply listening and don’t need to talk.
How did we like it?
The HyperX CloudX Pro Wired Gaming Headset was a very nice, quality headset. The sound on the mic was good as well as the overall sound coming through the headphones. The headset was comfortable on my head and didn’t require much adjustment. I like the braided cables as well as the option to take the mic off and on when needed. The carrying case is great for storage and travel. Overall, I didn’t find much wrong with this headset including the price which is just under $100. Overall, to get a nice gaming headset for that price is a bonus in itself but it is even better when the headset does its job well.
You can purchase this headset anywhere that sells electronic accessories such as Best Buy, Amazon, NewEgg.com and other places for around $99.00.
- Comfortable to wear
- Interchangeable ear cushions
- Compatible with several different consoles and PC.
- No surround sound
- The in-line sound control seems like it could break easily.
Latest posts by Robin Harris (see all)
- Loot Crate: Overwatch, Goonies, Stranger Things and More! – Review - June 24, 2017
- Supply Pod: All About Genetics and DNA – Review - June 24, 2017
- Sci-Fan Block: Cyborg, Ghost in the Shell and More! – Review - June 16, 2017