Surgeon General’s warning: biting your iPhone battery maybe hazardous to your health. Common sense’s warning: biting anything electronic or with, you know, battery acid in it, may be hazardous to your health. That nugget of wisdom apparently didn’t occur to the guy in the video below, because it seems like that’s exactly what he did. Guess now we know how the Chinese really invented fireworks.
Now, what would possess him to do this in the first place? An authenticity check? He’s in an electronics store, that alone ought to have been assured that he’s not about to pay up for a bootleg iPhone battery. Don’t worry, according to The Taiwan News, there were no injuries from the incident, just a bit of excitement to light up their lives… and a possible assault-on-battery charge.
For the record, it’s almost impossible to tell what kind of battery for sure, or if it’s something else entirely, he bit into – this could certainly be something other than what it appears. It’s worth noting that the actual device was held in his hand as the munchies took over, so it wasn’t the phone itself that went kablooey. In all likelihood, it would have been a lithium-ion battery, as those are known for being a little volatile and the usual type used as an iPhone battery. One thing’s for sure – it wasn’t a magic brownie he was eating.
On the other hand, it’s not as if they’re prone to spontaneous combustion at the drop of a hat. Modern models can safely be charged in environments a little over 95 degrees Fahrenheit (average body temperature is 98.6, just FYI), so don’t fret over having a box fan running next to your plugged-in phone. And for the love of whatever god you may or may not believe in, don’t try to heck your iPhone battery’s charge level by making it part of your digestive tract, or else you will find out exactly how charged it is.