If you are like many PlayStation owners then the last time you played a Jak and Daxter title Shaun of the Dead was redefining the zombie film genre, Brittany Spears was enticing impressionable young people as a Toxic stewardess and Friends ceased making new episodes. A long time ago eh? It was also when developer Naughty Dog stopped releasing new Jax and Daxter platforming titles on the PlatStation 2.
Well than PS4 owners who may have been too young to play the seminal franchise during its heyday have the chance to experience four Jax and Daxter titles many years after Naughty Dog left the franchise in order to work on beloved titles such as the Uncharted series and The Last Of Us. It should be noted that the upcoming release is the original games as they appeared on the PS2 and not the remastered versions that were released on the PS3 at a later date. In other words, the PS4 releases of the games are direct ports of the original games.
The titles to be offered in the Jax and Daxter Collection will be:
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (originally released in 2001 on PS2)
- Jak II (originally released 2003 on PS2)
- Jak 3 (originally released 2004 on PS2)
- Jak X: Combat Racing (originally released 2005 on PS2)
Jak and Daxter purists may note the visible absence of 2009’s Jak and Daxter: The Final Frontier released on PSP and PS2. Unlike the previous titles, this iteration in the franchise was developed by High Impact Games and not Naughty Dog. This likely would be the reason for the lack of its inclusion in the PS4 package.
A release date for Jak and Daxter’s Naughty Dog collection has not been revealed yet but the announcement trailer and communications from PlayStation both state that it will be available for download this current year.
Latest posts by DJ Kinsey (see all)
- Trailer Park Boys Mr. Lahey Actor Dies at 71 - October 18, 2017
- Get the Crew Back Together in the Latest Call of Duty: WWII Trailer - October 18, 2017
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Review - October 16, 2017