Developer Beautifun Games has announced that their strategy-focused role-playing game Megamagic will be soon available on Steam. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world promises to be filled with references to the 1980’s. According to the developer, Megamagic will feature a deep combat system that will allow the player to command five different schools of magic. The game will challenge players to unveil the secrets hidden in monster-infested wastelands, neon-bathed cities and shady dungeons.
The unmistakable flavour of the 80s turned into a game. An action RPG and real-time strategy video game set to shake the Earth this 2016. Prepare to delve into a fascinating world where the forces of technology and magic are embroiled in a vicious struggle! Blurring the lines between the RPG and strategy genres, Megamagic recaptures the look & feel of the 80s games and films in a game filled with pop culture references and magnified by the incredible music by Mitch Murder, composer of Kung Fury and Hotline Miami 2 soundtracks.
- Action RPG meets Real Time Strategy in a totally new way.
- Explore an open world and venture into the depths of perilous dungeons.
- Master 5 different magical alignments: Neonmancy, Vegemancy, Sanctumancy, Fulgomancy and Necromancy.
- Beat 9 hair-raising bosses.
- Local multiplayer co-op mode: have up to 4 player companions controlling your grims in battle!
- Original soundtrack by 80’s synth-surfer Mitch Murder.
For more information be sure to check out the game’s Steam page. The game will be available on April 20th via Steam for Windows, Mac OS and Linux systems. For more news and great articles be sure to check out the rest of The Nerd Stash.
Brian Cowan loves playing video games, football, Magic, and pretty much anything else that he can use as an excuse to waste time. When he is not doing the above or working, he is usually writing or reading.