Pera Games’ turn-based RPG Overfall, is now available on Steam Early Access. The game which has been in development since 2014 is described by its creators as “a fantasy role-playing game of rough diplomacy and tough action.”. The game has already begun to gather very positive reviews.
About the Game:
Overfall is a fantasy role-playing game of rough diplomacy and tough action. Explore, negotiate, and fight your way across the high seas!
You will lead two heroes on a journey across the high seas in search of their lost king. You will encounter people of all breeds and all creeds; ally with them or crush them without mercy. You will face many dangers; survive them and you may unlock new characters, weapons and skills. In a world where death is permanent, you must return to the beginning and make a fresh start. The heroes you choose, the weapons you unlock and a world that is randomized mean that no two adventures will ever be the same.
- A huge, dynamic world to explore, ruled by a number of races in constant conflict – it’s up to you to help or betray them.
- Unlock new classes, weapons, trinkets and skills as you progress in the game.
- Interactive story encounters where the choices you make and the allies you recruit ensure no two journeys are quite the same.
- Challenging and addictive turn-based combat – careful strategy and cunning skill combinations are the key to victory against your foes!
- Permanent hero death, procedural world generation, and high replay inspired by classic roguelikes.
- Beautiful hand-drawn art of 9 player characters, 36 combat companions, 80+ enemies, 80+ NPCs, and 100+ locations.
In addition to all of this through community support, Pera Games is hoping to fill the single player side of Overfall with new scenarios created in the Story Builder system. In collaboration with legendary writer Chris Avellone (Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, Pillars of Eternity), Pera Games have also created a Writing Style Guide to help budding writers create their own stories in the Overfall universe.
Those interested in jumping into the game now, or learning more should checkout Overfall’s Steam page here. For more news, and great articles be sure to check out the rest of The Nerd Stash.