The PlayStation Plus lineup has been offering some unique games for the past couple of months, and May looks like it will also be bringing its share of strong, free-to-play titles for PS Plus subscribers.
Next month PS4 users will be able to play Tales from the Borderlands, the five-part episodic series from Telltale games, as well as Abzu, the visually stunning ocean explorer that released last August. You can check out The Nerd Stash’s review of the game here.
Two cross-buy titles to look forward to are Laser Disco Defenders and Type: Rider, which will be available on the Vita. PS3 users will also get some nice treats and can play Blood Knights and Port Royale 3 next month.
Something that’s odd this time around is that the PS Plus lineup will not be offering similar options across continents. For those in Europe, you will be getting Alienation on PS4 (which is still a great game) instead of Abzu. There doesn’t seem to be any explanation for this change.
We still have a few days left in Apri, and as usual, players have time to snag all the free PlayStation Plus games that were available this month. Even if you don’t get to them right away, they could still be worth having in your games library and will be available as long as you remain an active PS Plus subscriber. Some of the April titles included: Drawn to Death, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, and Curses n’ Chaos. You can check the full list here.
The full May PlayStation Plus lineup includes:
- Tales from the Borderlands, Telltale Games (PS4)
- Abzu, Giant Squid PS4
- Blood Knights, Deck13 Interactive (PS3)
- Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants, Kalypso (PS3)
- Laser Disco Defenders, Out of Bounds (PS Vita, Cross-Buy with PS4)
- Type:Rider, Ex Nihilo (PS Vita, Cross-Buy on PS4)
Latest posts by Tori Morrow (see all)
- Friday the 13th: The Game Won’t be Getting a Story Mode - September 27, 2017
- Watch the New Trailer for Resident Evil 7 DLC “Not a Hero” - September 22, 2017
- Minecraft: Story Mode – Season Two Returns on Tuesday - September 17, 2017