The newest PS4 firmware 3.50 will be adding some major features absent from the console for a long time.
Most notably, giving players control over friend notifications when they come online. To further help seclude yourself from nosy friends, 3.50 will also let players appear offline to their friends, a feature heavily requested for some time now. The beta for 3.50 will start rolling out tomorrow, with an actual launch date yet to be announced.
The current list of features as follows, via Sony:
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
Justin is the very definition of an aggressively average gamer. He will only settle differences by means of children’s card games or 1v1s on Howling Abyss.