Praise the sun. Roosterteeth’s YouTube channel, The Know, revealed Dark Souls 3 will be announced at E3 for Xbox One and Playstation 4; with the PC version still being negotiated. This is leaked information according to their source, which is once again anonymous.
Last week, Roosterteeth announced a rumor for Silent Hills possibly being bought out by Microsoft. However, Phil Spencer was quick to dispute that claim. As for the Dark Souls 3 rumors; this time, they have screenshots.
Here is a breakdown of the rumors stated in the video:
- Dark Souls 3 will have a 2016 release date
- 1 – 4 Player Count. It’s not specified whether this is for the story or a PVP mode.
- 10 playable classes. All available at the beginning of the game.
- 45 new enemies, which includes 15 new bosses. Characters and bosses from previous iterations of the series are not included in this count.
- Weapons and armor: 100 new weapons along with 40 new armor sets. This does not count returning equipment.
- 200 new items. This includes spells, rings, and consumables.
- 60 minutes of cut-scenes that are mostly in-engine.
- 12 areas in the game.
- Sacrifice Ceremonies: Sacrificing a body allows you to join another player’s game. This puts a bounty on your head. Sacrificing can also change your game with bonfires, NPCs, location movements, and more.
- Sword Fighting Arts: Special moves that can be equipped.
While Dark Souls 3 is not a hard game to predict, nothing is confirmed yet; so take these rumors with a grain of salt.
The video below (NSFW) touches on the rumors in more detail and also shows off some of the game’s potential concept art.
Are you excited for another Souls game? Do these rumors sound believable? Let us know what you think in the comments section.
Harman is a freelance writer from California. He likes action-rpgs and long walks on the beach.