Spiders, the french studio best known for their work on Bound by Flame have just announced The Technomancer, a post-apocalyptic RPG set to release for the Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC, developed in partnership with Focus Home Interactive.
Set on Mars, the game puts us in the shoes of an aspiring Technomancer on the run from the secret police, while undertaking “a quest that takes you through tribal communities, cities lost under the ice, and dystopian shanties sprawled across Mars’ dusty embrace.”
Players are given four different skill trees, focusing on three different fighting styles and the electric powers of the Technomancers. Spiders promises “dynamic conversation dialogue playing a deep role in quests, changing the story depending on the decisions you make.” Players are also able to craft armor for themselves and for their companions, with armor and weapons changing appearance.
Here are a few key features indicated on the press release:
- A unique and thrilling science-fiction RPG experience set on the Red Planet.
- Bond with numerous unique and interesting companions and reveal secrets about their past.
- Manage their inventory and level up your companions.
- Up to five different endings for many quests changing the conclusions and rewards – even the people you’ll meet and journey with!
- A dynamic crafting system that changes the visual appearance of weapon and armor.
- Play as a Technomancer – a combat proficient warrior with use of cybernetically enhanced magical abilities.
The Technomancer is planned to release by 2016.
An avid developer and freelance writer with a passion for all types of art and technology. Coffee junkie