With Star Wars Battlefront just weeks away from release, it seems more content has been revealed by data miners who have been digging around in the beta. It should be noted that some of the content listed below is subject to change as this was pulled from the beta and not the final form of Star Wars Battlefront. Also, if you are hoping to go into the game fresh then avoid the rest of this article as the information leaked runs from heroes, weapons, Star Cards, and planets. Given the massive catalog of information that was discovered, I will only be highlighting a few key items of interest of each section. However, if you wish to read the entire dump of information go here and enjoy your treasure trove of Star Wars Battlefront goodies.
- Pulse Cannon: An incredibly powerful long-range rifle utilizing the frame assembly of a DLT-20A, the so-called “pulse cannon” has become the weapon of choice for many sharpshooters. The power of its shot is dependent on the charge-up time.
- Cooling Cell: When activated, vents heat from your main weapon and prevents further heat build-up for a short period of time.
- Flash Grenade: A non-lethal explosive which creates a bright energy flash and loud noise to disorient opponents.
- Ion Torpedo: A homing ion torpedo that is designed to deal heavy damage to vehicles and stationary weapons.
- Barrage: The MPL-57 (Multi-Purpose Launcher) Barrage fires a volley of 3 grenades with a short delay fuse
- Bowcaster: Depending on the charge-up time, the Bowcaster fires one or more explosive bolts in a horizontal arc.
Multiplayer Game Modes:
- Supremacy: Frontline combat between two control points.
- Blast: Team Deathmatch
- Walker Assault: Battle over the massive AT-AT’s in this mobile attack & defend the game.
- Drop Zone: a Fast-paced action where two teams fight over crashing escape pods.
- Droid Run: Three droids are moving around on the planet. Rebels and Imperials must fight to claim them.
- Cargo: Rebels and Imperials are fighting over possession of cargo. Infiltrate the enemy base, steal their cargo and bring it to your own base. Capture the flag, then.
- Fighter Squadron: Rebel and Imperial Star Fighters struggle for control of the skies. The side that takes out the most opponents (both Human and CPU-controlled), as well as the escaping troop transport ships, wins.
- Heroes vs Villains: Rebel and Imperial Heroes engage in combat. If a Hero is defeated, the player will return as a trooper. If one side takes out all enemy Heroes, they win the round.
- Hero Hunt: One player becomes the Hero and takes on a squad of enemies. If the Hero is defeated, the next player is up.
- Darth Vader: Block, Force Choke, Saber Throw.
- Emperor Palpatine: Chain Lighting, Block, Imperial Resources, Force Dash, Mind Trick, Force Lighting.
- Princess Leia: Bane, Supply Drop, Enhanced Shields, Combat Roll.
- Boba Fett: Jetpack, Rocket Barrage, Flame Pack.
- Han Solo: Shoulder Charge, Lucky Shot, Combat Roll, Six Shooter.
- Luke Skywalker: Block, Saber Rush, Force Push.
Now there is obviously far more and this could not be all the information for the full game. However, I find certain parts very interesting that could help balance out game modes such as Walker Assault. A Star Card that gives us an anti-vehicle missile could be a critical piece of gear for that game mode and offset the Empire’s overwhelming advantage. While I am skeptical of Star Wars Battlefront, I cannot help but be excited at all of the upcoming content. I mean come on…I get to chain lighting people with Emperor Palpatine; a move I constantly like to mimic in Destiny. What do you think of the new information? Are you still skeptical or excited for Star Wars Battlefront? Sound off below!
A recent graduate of Arcadia University, Collin MacGregor is a freelance video editor and writer. He covers video games, television, and film for The Nerd Stash. Collin currently is the head film/television reviewer for the site.