If your like me, or you’ve read the various raving reviews online, then you’ll already understand why The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has topped the UK sales chart. I alone have put in 75 hours over the past 7 days.
All my bragging rights aside given the tremendous amounts of hype around the game it comes as no surprise that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has enjoyed the biggest launch of 2015 so far betting the previous title holder, Battlefield:Hardline.
While its predecessor enjoyed the top spot when it released on Xbox 360, sales figures show that Wild Hunt outsold The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings by 608%. Now that is a massive figure.
Also enjoying the limelight in the all formats chart is Farming Simulator 15 coming in at second place. I never knew virtual farming was so popular outside of Minecraft. My mistake.
Here’s a run down of the Top 20 in the all formats chart.
All Formats Chart.
- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt / Bandai Namco.
- Farming Simulator 15 / Focus Home Interactive.
- Grand Theft Auto V / Rockstar.
- Fifa 15 / EA Sports.
- Project Cars / Bandai Namco.
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood / Bethesda.
- Battlefield : Hardline / EA Games.
- Mortal Kombat X / Warner Bros.
- Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare / Activision.
- Destiny / Activision.
- Bloodborne / Sony.
- Dying Light / Warner Bros.
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition / Microsoft.
- Minecraft: Playstation 4 Edition / Sony.
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered / Square Enix.
- WWE 2K15 / 2K Sports.
- Terraria / 505 Games.
- FarCry 4 / Ubisoft.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection / Microsoft.
- Forza Horizon 2 / Microsoft.
Whats your thoughts on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? Or has something else taken the lead in your gaming life?
I can certainly say I was playing a lot of Minecraft before The Witcher 3 came out.
Leave your comments and thoughts below.
Can often be found walking round Novigrad, or piloting his sparrow across planets moons.