Green Man Gaming has just announced that it’s lastest game Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command is heading to Steam in May 2020. Set in the backdrop of Game workshop’s Warhammer 40k universe, Aeronautica Imperialist will have players playing as a Flight Commander in the Imperial Navy or a Skwadron Kommanda of the Ork Air Waaagh! Players will command Ships such as Thunderbolts and Ork Fightas as they fight in brutal air battles across the galaxy. Here is everything we know so far about Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command’s release on steam in May.
Command the burning skies of the 41st millennium
Aeronautica Imperialis Flight Command will feature a combination of both phase-based strategy and cinematic action across a story campaign, involving the two factions Aeronatucia Imperialis and The Ork Air Waaagh both with unique abilities that will be able to turn the tide of battle for either side. Players will also be able to amass a squadron of either faction’s airships in Aeronautica Imperialis. The game will also feature in-depth tactical elements such as altitude specialisms and unique pilot maneuvers, and several weapons systems. Here is the full list of features you can expect to find in Aeronautica Imperialis.
- Fully licensed models from Games Workshop
- A turn-based strategy like never before – a deep yet visually engaging combination of simultaneous turn-based strategy and atmospheric cinematic action.
- Choice of 2 factions – the Aeronautica Imperialis or the Ork Air Waaagh!
- 7 unique self-contained story-driven scenarios.
- All scenarios are single player against AI and head-to-head online.
- An engaging single-player campaign.
- Robust training system
- In-depth tactical elements including altitude, pilot commands and a wide range of weapon systems.
Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command is planned to launch on steam sometime in late May 2020 priced at £18.99 / $24.99 / €22.99. You can also sign up for the beta and get more information or join others excited for the game at the official Discord, Youtube, Twitter for Aeronautica Imperialis.
Andrew is a man of many talents and has been playing games for decades. He has a great love for Diablo-style RPGs and C&C style RTS. He specializes in writing guides. follow him on Twitter at @HighwaymanSlade.