Age of Empires 4 has today launched update 9789 on all platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. Being one of the first patches to release for Age of Empires 4 since its launch just a few weeks ago, this patch looks to make some general fixes to some of the main issues with the game. The team has also acknowledged some known issues that they’re working towards for the next patch, so keep an eye out for those. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Age of Empires 4 update 9789!
Age of Empires 4 Update 9789 Patch Notes
- Changes made to drastically reduce performance drops when panning the camera across the map.
- Steam users are now able to link their Xbox Live accounts in-game.
- Some users reported health bars disappearing during gameplay regardless of their setting selections. This has been fixed with patch 7989, and in-game health bars should appear when you tell them to (in the settings!).
- The Mongol Town Center Capital can no longer be placed directly next to their opponent’s Town Center. From now on, the Mongol Town Center Capital must be placed in an explored area, and not within 20 tiles of an enemy’s Town Center. Our Balance team will continue to observe your feedback on this and other elements of gameplay.
- Small adjustments made to in-game localization.
- Replays from 7274 are not compatible with 7989.
- The requirements text for the Mongol Town Center Capital does not call out the necessity for it to be placed in an explored area. We will be fixing this in a future update.
- Known issue Infinite Relic Duplication for Rus Civilization has been identified for a fix in a future update.
- Known issue Mongol Civ – Packed Buildings Continuously Repaired has been identified for a fix in a future update.
- Known issue Mongol Civ – Superior Mobility Providing Too Much Increased Movement Speed has been identified for a fix in a future update.