Players on Steam will have through January 23rd to preview the next upcoming update for Age of Empires IV, along with their accompanying notes, to get an idea of what’s to come. According to the official Age of Empires IV preview notes, there are several new additions to look forward to. So, without any more introduction, read the full notes for the upcoming update preview for Age of Empires IV.
Age of Empires IV Season Four Public Update Preview
The Age of Empires Public Update Preview (PUP) presents an opportunity for our incredible players to get hands-on experience with exciting changes ahead of major updates. They also provide an opportunity to give feedback and help us prepare for upcoming major releases. PUP builds will generally contain new features, content, and bug fixes. This PUP session provides a hands-on look at what’s coming to Age of Empires IV in our Season Four update.
A new game mode, mini-map zoom, added challenge to Hardest AI, and more!
Among the future content available in this PUP is a new game mode that many of you will remember from Age of Empires II—Nomad! This new mode sees players begin with three randomly placed Villagers. Choose the ideal location to build your first Town Center and begin your rise through the Ages.
In addition to Nomad mode, this Season Four Public Update Preview includes:
- Three New Maps (Four Lakes, Continental, Marshland)
- AI changes and updates, in conjunction with making the Hardest AI more of a challenge—please note that the changes to Hardest AI are not specifically related to the Season Four PUP and will be released prior to the official Season Four update as part of a minor patch
- Mini-map size can now be toggled between Normal, 125%, and 150%
- Significant improvements to the Mod Browser experience with a focus on improved discoverability
- Landmark balance improvements—less-used Landmarks will now present more viable strategies or have unique features to stand out as a compelling choice
Get Ready for PUP
- Revealed alongside the PUP next week will be Release Notes that list all the available content and spectacular changes coming to Age IV.
- This is a preview build of an upcoming Age of Empires IV update. Some features in this preview are not yet final.
- While all feedback will be collected, this PUP primarily focuses on gathering and acting on telemetry and reports related to stability ahead of the significant Season Four update.
- Please note that Events, Rewards, and certain Seasonal activities and surprises may not be present in the PUP—you’ll see more of what’s in store with our February release!
- Don’t miss any news about this or any other Public Update Preview—sign up as an Age Insider.
- Join us from January 17th through the 23rd. We’re excited to hear what you think!
After checking out the patch notes for the public update preview going live soon for Age of Empires IV, you can find the game available on PC and Xbox One & Series S|X. Additionally, the Age of Empires IV official patch notes and any more information you’re looking for are on the official website. Lastly, outside the Age of Empires IV update patch notes, you can learn more on their official contact page if you are interested in the developers at Ensemble Studios and any of their other projects.