Patch notes were released for update 11963 coming Age of Empires IV today, March 3. This real-time strategy game was first released in October 2021 by Relic Entertainment and is the fourth installment to the Age of Empires series. This new update makes general changes such as increasing the cost of Wonders, the time it takes to build stone walls, map improvements, and bug fixes.
Have a look at the full patch notes for update 11963 coming to Age of Empires below.
Age of Empires IV Update 11963 Patch Notes
- Wonder cost increased from 3000 per resource to 6000. Additional increases made to Mongol Wonder costs, seen below
- Stone wall build time increased from 8 seconds to 16 seconds. Additional adjustments made to Delhi Sultanate-specific stone wall build time, seen below
- Made improvements to a bug where Elephant attack animation cooldowns could be bypassed, resulting in much higher damage than intended. We’re continuing to monitor feedback surrounding animation canceling to introduce more fixes in the future.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when observing the game at 8x speed
Maps & Quick Match
- Boulder Bay, Confluence, and Black Forest were removed from the 1v1 Quick Match map pool. Please note that these maps can still be selected for a Custom Game and team-based Quick Matches.
Civilization Specific Changes
- Fixed a bug where the Nest of Bees would stop firing once its initial target died
- Imperial Official & Tax Changes
- Tax cooldown on buildings increased from 15s to 20s.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Capital Town Center to receive taxes after being destroyed
- Imperial Official
- Supervise bonus increased from 150% back to the original 200%. Thanks to everyone who called out this change after our last patch!
- Tax carry capacity increased from 20 to 40 Gold
- Imperial Academy
- Imperial Examinations technology bonus to Tax carry capacity increased from 40 to 80 Gold.
- Now a Tax drop off location for the Imperial Official
- Delhi Sultanate Infantry stone wall gate build time increased from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Starting Wood reduced from 250 to 200
- Sanctity bonus Gold reduced from 100% to 50%
- Mongol Wonder cost increased from 4000 per resource to 8000
- Mongol Ovoo stone generation is no longer a flat 105/minute. It now automatically scales 80/100/120/150 stone per minute by Age
- Damage of Castle Age Khan reduced from 12 to 8
- Yam and Yam Network movement speed bonus time reduced from 20 to 10 seconds.