Aliens: Fireteam Elite pits a squad of three Colonial Marines against hordes of acidic Xenomorphs in action-packed situations. Players have five distinct classes to choose from when going into battle: Gunner, Demolisher, Technician, Doc, and Recon. While Recon is not available at first, the remaining four are readily accessible from the beginning. Each class works differently, and we’re going to focus on the heavy-handed Demolisher role. Here’s all you need about the Demolisher class in Aliens: Fireteam Elite, along with their weapons, abilities, and perks.
Getting to Know the Demolisher Class in Aliens: Fireteam Elite
The Demolisher acts as the heavy of the group. In other words, they’re able to wield the big guns. While the Demolisher can use rifles to act as their primary weapon, the heavy weapons are the only type to be exclusive for this class. These heavies include the L56A3 Smartgun, M12A1 Rocket Launcher, OCAP-91 Volcan Flamethrower, and more. They’re meant to deal with and extinguish as many Xenomorphs as quickly as possible. This means more damage and ammo on hand, but the stability and reload rates might be so efficient when facing hordes.
Each class in Aliens: Fireteam Elite comes packed with two usable abilities, with an additional unique one that works more like a passive perk, and for the Demolisher class, they will have the Micro Rockets and Blastwave. The Micro Rockets fire off three tiny missiles that will detonate on impact. Using this ability will damage opponents while making them stumble a bit. The Blastwave works like a concussion slam that pushes back foes with some damage points added for good measure.
Lastly, the unique ability is called “Clear The Room”. Players can automatically stack this ability by using either Mirco Rockets and/or Blastwave, adding one stack each to Clear The Room. Any enemies hit with your abilities will also compensate stacks. Basically, each stack increases your Gun Damage by 2.5% that will last for 15 seconds. Any newly acquired stacks will immediately expire any previous ones.
Core Perks and Modifiers
Any Universal Perk and Modifier in Aliens: Fireteam Elite is distinguished by blue; specific ones for individual classes are encoded in green. The changeable perks can be found while customizing your Demolisher class in the Perk Grid. The Demolisher’s Core Perks and Modifiers are as follows:
- Demolisher Heavy Training – Increases the max ammo of heavy weapons by 20%, and their reload speed by 15%.
- Demolisher Rifle Training – Increases the max ammo of rifles by 20% and their fire rate by 15%.
- Down and Out – You deal 20% more damage to enemies that are stunned or knocked down.
- Sidearm Expertise – Your sidearm damage is increased by 20% and the gun is automatically reloaded whenever you reload another weapon.
- Ready and Able – You break out of stuns 25% faster, and after being stumbled, you are immune to stumbles for a longer period of time.
- Rough and Tumble – Area-of-effect attacks deal 50% less damage to you.
- Concussive Rockets – Your Micro-rockets ability now fires four Concussive rockets that deal considerably less damage, but have a larger explosion radius that knocks down enemies.
- Napalm Rockets – Your Micro-rockets ability now fires 12 smaller rockets that explode into fiery fields that damage enemies; these rockets deal less damage on impact and have a much wider trajectory range.
- Loud and Clear – Increases the attached ability’s damage dealt by 20% and causes it to generate an additional stack of Clear the Room
- Fire and Forget – Your Micro-rockets ability now debilitates enemies, causing them to take 25% more damage from area-based attacks and bleed for 8% of their total life over 8 seconds.
- Assault and Battery – Each target hit by Blastwave reduces its cooldown by 10%
- Demolisher Heavy Expertise – Increases the radius of heavy weapons by 15% and damage of heavy weapons by 10%
- Demolisher Rifle Expertise – Increases the range and stability of rifles by 15%
- Bigger and Better – Increases the radius of the attached ability by 40%
- Sidearm Mastery – Increases the fire rate of sidearms by 25%; switching to your sidearm is almost instantaneous
- Demolisher Rifle Mastery – Increases the reload speed and accuracy of rifles by 15%
- Demolisher Heavy Mastery – Fire rate and stability for heavy weapons are increased by 15%
- Dazed and Confused – Enemies hit by Blastwave are dazed, which decreases their movement speed and the damage they deal by 20% for 10 seconds
- Quick and Dirty – Whenever Clear the Room expires, your ability cooldowns are reset by one second for each stack that was lost
Your Demolisher in Aliens: Fireteam Elite can pack a heavy punch for your squad of Colonial Marines. They can bring enemies to a tumble while igniting them with a flamethrower. While other classes may focus more on technical assists and reconnaissance, the Demolisher solely engages with action either within squad range or standing up-close-and-personal against the Xenomorphs. We highly recommend leveling up your Demolisher class to utilize all of the above-mentioned Core Perks and Modifiers. And since some are Universal from both the Demolisher and the other classes, you’ll have plenty to experiment with, especially for when it comes time for Horde Mode.