Update 1.06 has arrived on the hit game Among Us, along with its accompanying patch notes. The patch notes list, being a moderate-sized one, features new additions to the game with the introduction of Food Cosmicubes and other additions, changes, and bug fixes. Here’s everything in the patch notes in the Among Us update 1.06.
Among Us update 1.06 patch notes
We just released the latest update to Among Us, featuring some more fixes and quality of life updates. Here’s what you can expect in version 2022.8.23, out now on all platforms!
- Food Cosmicubes! Spend your beans (and stars) on all new food-themed cosmetics. You will look like an absolute snack. You may, in fact, look a little too delicious and be murdered by an Impostor but at least… uh…. hm…. Anyways it’s available now, and they’re permanent additions to the store!
- Change the map from the lobby without restarting. I’ve seen you all be like, “wow, that took you long enough,” and yeah! It sure has! What are you gonna do fight me???? (Please do not fight me, I am weak and cry easily.)
- New featured page on the store. A new way to display new or interesting Cosmicubes and cosmetics. These will have their own section at the top of the store!
- Star purchasing also have an updated tab with a shiny new look
- Beans and Pods multiplier SFX is now tied to the SFX volume slider. Now you can control how loud you want your gains to be!
- Can now close Announcements with the ESC key on PC
- Door logs now display player icon cosmetics
- Store and inventory changes:
- New store sorting: you can now sort items from newest to oldest and by what’s purchased
- Visual indicator to show which cosmetics and Cosmicubes you’ve already purchased
- Added a limited-time banner on appropriate cosmetics & Cosmicubes
- Sanctions and censoring changes:
- Sanctions now display correctly instead of a general error when trying to enter matchmaking
- Links are now properly censored
- Warnings are now issued for censored links
- Friends List and accounts:
- Friends List now displays in alphabetical order
- Win 10 – Players are now moved into their friend’s lobby when accepting invites from the game bar
- Users are properly signed into account if they are given account linking permissions
Alrighty. On to the crunchy bugs. Let’s take a closer look at what we’ve addressed:
- Some hat cosmetics needed minor tweaks to display correctly
- Updated names on a few Airship Cosmetics
- Fixed cosmetics overrunning chat window when scrolling through messages
- Implement Login flow on iOS and Google Play (users 13 and younger) – users will be able to login with a Temporary Account
- Mira HQ – Vitals for Scientist now shows ‘Comms Sabotaged’ message when Impostor initiates Sabotage action
- Friends List – Requests are now received correctly after adjusting the “Friend & Lobby Invites” option multiple times
- Fixed SFX audio on Empty Garbage task
- Fixed SFX track playing on music track during decontaminate task in The Airship
- Fixed missing animation frame of Twitch Glitch pet during idle animation select with a controller while in active gameplay
- In-game bug reporting – This helps us Sloths and isn’t really anything you have to worry about, but the game is now able to better log any errors, so we have more insight on bugs
- [iOS] – Notifications no longer overrun device notch on iPhone11
- [iOS] – Addressed issues causing some authentication errors
- Egypt Server Issues – Fix for network and connectivity for players in Egypt on all platforms
- [Switch] – Resolved issue where users may be unable to perform several actions if joy-cons were attached/detached
- [Xbox One] – No more lag while using the D-pad!
After checking out the 1.06 update patch notes for Among Us. The game is available on mobile devices, PC, PlayStation 4 & 5, and Xbox One & Series X|S. Additionally, you can find the official Among Us patch notes on the Innersloth development website.