The hugely popular online multiplayer game is getting a new update, and the Among Us update includes one of the most requested features so far, a friends list. It’s taken them so long, but finally, everyone can breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy this new update. The good news doesn’t end there, though. The game is getting a few more changes as well, including new cosmetics like Ghostface outfits (only on the Switch), while on Xbox, you can get an exclusive Master Chief outfit, and not forgetting PlayStation because you can now access Ratchet and Clank cosmetics too. And the best news yet? They’re all free. Check out the announcement video below.
What are the friend list notes in this new Among Us update?
Here are all the Friends List features you can expect from this free update, v2022.3.29, on all platforms:
- A unique friend code
- Ability to send and receive friend requests (as you would expect)
- Invite friends to your own lobby
- See who you recently played with
- Ability to block players
- Ability to show/hide your Friend Code (good for anyone streaming!)
- Ability to turn off/on lobby invite notifications (toggle this in the game Settings)
Notes about the Friends List:
- No offline/online status for friends yet
- You can turn on/off lobby notifications
- Child accounts will need additional permissions from their parent/guardian to access their Friend’s List
But that’s not it! Here are some other things you can expect with this update:
- Removed the ability to link/unlink existing accounts – this is temporary! We need to fix up the system here since we’ve heard it can be a confusing process, so for now, we are turning this feature off until the next update.
- Screen Shake option can now be toggled On and Off (PC)
- Cosmetics are arranged in a different order
The Among Us update is also coming with many patch updates so that you can play this online multiplayer game to its full extent. Check out more details about those patches here, as well some more information on the new cosmetics.