Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 update is adding a much-anticipated feature for series’ fans as well as players who enjoy farming simulators like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley. In addition to the Happy Home Paradise DLC, the new update allows players to plant and grow new crops that include tomatoes, potatoes, sugarcane, and carrots. You can then use the crops to cook various kinds of dishes with the DIY Recipes+. Let’s take a look at how to harvest yourself some carrot crops for cooking ingredients in Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 update.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons – How to Get and Grow Carrots
There are two ways you can get carrot crops once you’ve updated your Animal Crossing: New Horizons to the 2.0 version:
First, carrots can be purchased for 280 Bells each or 1,400 Bells for a five-pack from Leif, either when he comes to your island or from his vendor stall on Harv’s Island. Every Monday, Leif updates the goods in his Harv’s Island store so check back every week if you can’t find the carrot starts.
Second, when sailing with Kapp’n you might also find an island containing carrots already ripe for harvest. Then you can simply harvest them or dig the plants up and bring them back home using a Shovel.
How to plant carrot starts:
- Dig a hole in your farm plot.
- Open your inventory, select the seed, then choose “Plant 1”.
- Water your carrots every day using the Watering Can for maximum results.
- You don’t need to water them if it’s raining or snowing.
- Harvest them once four days have passed.
- Then either sell them for Bells or to cook them.
- Wait two days for your crops to regrow.