Iron nuggets are an important crafting material that you have to keep an eye for in Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0. Especially early in the game when you need 30(!) of them to help out Timmy and Tommy Nook build the essential Nook’s Cranny shop. To make your comfy island escape less stressful, here’s the guide to both find and farm iron nuggets in Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 update.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 – How to Get Iron Nuggets
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 you need to find rocks and hit them with either a Shovel or an Axe. Hit these rocks several times, and there’s a chance several materials will come out from them:
- Iron nuggets
- Gold nuggets (very rare)
Try to hit the stones without breaking them. Don’t worry if you accidentally break a rock though, since it will respawn again on your island after a few days.
When you first start the game, iron nuggets will be hard to find due to the limited number of rocks on the accessible part of the island. However, once you’ve unlocked the Vaulting Pole and Ladder, you can easily find more rocks. Aside from hitting rocks, you can get iron nuggets from Balloon Presents as well as gifts from Villagers after talking to them while Nook’s Cranny is under construction.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 – How to Farm Iron Nuggets
You will need a bunch of iron nuggets to craft a bunch of things. From higher-tier Tools, furniture, to even DIY Workbench and Nook’s Cranny. Therefore, finding a way to farm iron nuggets would be necessary for Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0:
- First, make sure you use Stone Axe to hit rocks and don’t eat any fruit before doing it to ensure multiple drops per rock.
- Then, hit it as fast as you can to get the maximum yield of iron nuggets.
- Reportedly, this way you could get up to 7 iron nuggets per rock.
- After all accessible rocks have been drained of their important bits, get 2,000 Nook Miles, head to the NookStop in Residential Services, purchase a Nook Miles Ticket, then visit a Mystery Island.
- Each Mystery Island should have around 4-5 rocks. Continue mining rocks to get more iron nuggets.
- Repeat as necessary.