Apex Legends has today launched update 1.82 on all platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and additions with this patch. This patch may not have any sort of flashy additions attached to it, but it seems to be tackling some much-needed server issues and preventing them from occurring in the future. As one of the notes in particular states, the team is working against DDoS attacks in the future, so the game’s servers should hopefully remain just a tad more consistent going forward. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Apex Legends update 1.82!
Apex Legends Update 1.82 Patch Notes
- We’ve resolved an issue that caused players to be randomly unreadied while matchmaking in Ranked
- Fixed a couple of issues that were causing animated banner poses to cause hangs or crashes
- Improved protection against DDoS attacks
- Fixed audio and rendering issues with respawn ships
- Fixed an issue with using Crypto’s drone in the Map Room
- Fixed an issue with Pathfinder having a constant 30s grapple cooldown regardless of distance in Arenas
- Pathfinder Beacons Scanned tracker now updates correctly
- Fixed melee and spin-up exploits related to mobile Sheila
- The raven in Bloodhound’s Niflheim Hundr skin will now correctly showas white in the lobby
- Stability fixes and memory optimizations
Like mentioned, this update doesn’t add much flashy and is instead just a cleanup update. With the upcoming next season though (the reveal trailer of which is launching tomorrow), this makes sense. The next season is looking to bring Ash into the fray, a fan favorite boss from Titanfall 2 and player in the Apex Legends world as the host of the Arenas game mode. It’ll be intriguing to see what sorts of tools she brings to the table once she’s finally in our hands. Regardless, today’s update should hopefully leave some extra groundwork for future patches like the next season.