Baldur’s Gate 3 has been a massive hit with gamers, despite only be in Early Access. Despite only containing the first act right now, Larian has seen the game surpass 70,000 concurrent players! We’ve already seen the developer poke fun at their players too, all in good fun of course. Now that gamers have had a few days to get to grips with this new world, Larian has released some early Baldur’s Gate 3 stats. It turns out that people seriously hate Gale.
A Wizard Wheeze… To Death!
In addition to heat maps detailing all the locations players have died most, Larian has released several amusing stats. Amongst other things, Baldur’s Gate 3 players really hate a wizard called Gale:
- There is a spike in deaths at the location players meet Gale, despite this not being designed as a combat encounter. However, Baldur’s Gate 3 allows you to initiate combat with almost any NPC in the game. As it turns out, people just really want to kill this guy.
- Gale has been killed a whopping 333,757 times!
- Gale did at least get some revenge. He has killed player-controlled characters four times more than any other character in the game. Perhaps players were justified in killing him after all.
- Shadowheart is the only companion to die more times than the main player character.
- The Owlbear Cub has killed 5,717 players. Presumably, they were foolish enough to try to tame it.
- 4,000 players were killed after interrupting intimate moments between Ogres and Bug Bears.
- 3,753 players died during the crash site encounter with the Mind Flayer.
Wow, that’s a lot of deaths!
More Than Just Baldur’s Gate 3 Stats
In addition to the Baldur’s Gate 3 stats, Larian has given the details of their first major update. Simply titled “Launch”, the update focuses mainly on bug fixes and stability issues. This will come as good news to players, who have encountered many bugs so far. The patch notes themselves are fairly dry reading, but it’s good to see Baldur’s Gate 3 receiving a patch so soon after launch. We may be a long way off version 1.0, but it’s good to see the foundations being laid for the full release. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a score to settle with Gale!
Want to play Baldur’s Gate 3 with your buddies? Make sure to check out our guide on how co-op works!