With the launch of the massive Update 3 patch, some PC players of Battlefield 2042 found themselves in an awful predicament: their mouse was not working. This mouse bug doesn’t come with an official fix just yet, but the devs know of the issue and approve of a method to correct it.
Fix “Mouse Not Working” Bug in Battlefield 2042
So, what is this “mouse not working” bug? Well, the players affected by it can’t move their mouse left or right. This means that you can’t aim. No matter what cool specialist you choose or fun weapon to use, it’s all moot if you can’t aim it. This isn’t just some sensitivity issue either (but we do have a fix for that if you need it).
Battlefield 2042 players felt the game was unplayable with this mouse bug, and rightfully so. With no official fix for it not working, it’s up to you to handle the problem yourself.
There are three solutions to try out:
Solution 1: Delete Settings Folder
This is a pretty heavy-handed solution, but an effective one according to many players. Deleting this folder will not delete the game. It’s just a settings folder. You’ll lose things like graphic settings and customized controls, but you can reset them again.
- Head over to C:\Users\[Your Account Name]\Documents\Battlefield2042
- Find the Battlefield 2042 folder and right-click on it to delete it
- Restart Battlefield 2042 to see a new folder created with default settings
- Re-adjust your in-game settings that have been deleted
Solution 2: Remove Lines of Code
This solution is a bit advanced, so don’t do it if you’re not comfortable with it. However, this will just reset the mouse settings rather than all the settings. It’s not too difficult to do though once you know what to remove.
- Open C:\Users\[Your Account Name]\Documents\Battlefield2042\settings
- Open PROFSAVE_profile in Notepad or Notepadd++
- Find GstKeyBinding.infantry.ConceptYaw (easily done with Ctrl+F and typing in infantry.conceptyaw)
- There are 19 lines with the above label and you want to delete them all
- Save the file and restart Battlefield 2042
Solution 3: Reset Key Bindings
A quick potential solution that some players claim to work is resetting your key bindings. This is the fastest route to try as you can do it in-game by heading over to the options menu.
Hopefully, one of these solutions can help you fix the mouse not working bug in Battlefield 2042. This way, you can get back to the main point of the game: shooting things.
Battlefield 2042 is available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.