There is plenty that horror fans appreciate in Dead by Daylight. Besides the original Killers, they feature numerous throwback and classic horror film monsters and murderers. Among them is the notorious Pinhead. Dubbed The Cenobite, our Hell Priest is just as dangerous in the game as in the films. The only way you can take advantage of it in Dead by Daylight is to construct the best Cenobite builds. Multiple builds are ideal since this allows you to adjust to different playing styles.
Best Cenobite Builds in Dead by Daylight
The Cenobite is not the Killer for those just jumping into the game. Added in CHAPTER 21: Hellraiser, The Cenobite is a Killer that focuses on map-wide damage. He can easily become your main with the right Perks and know-how on using them properly.
To help you create the best builds for The Cenobite, we have to focus on whether you have a few Killers or all Dead by Daylight Killers.
For starters, let’s look at those of you who may just have the unique Perks for The Cenobite, General Perks, and the Perks from the base game Killers.
The Cenobite comes with the following unique Perks:
- Deadlock: When a Generator completes, The Entity blocks the Generator that has the most progression by 20/25/30 seconds. This Generator has a white aura for the Killer to see.
- Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain: Four random hooks change to Scourge Hooks at the start of the game with their auras glowing white. If a Survivor is unhooked on a Scourge Hook, said Survivors are afflicted with Mangled and Hemorrhage effects until healed. Once healed, they have a 10/13/16% Action Speed penalty to healing and repairing until they’re injured again.
- Hex: Plaything: If there’s a Dull Totem, the Hex activates on a random Totem every time you hook a Survivor for the first time. Said Survivor receives Oblivious and Cursed effects until the Hex is cleansed.
Best Beginner Build for The Cenobite
If you want the best builds for The Cenboite, but only have the unique Perks and others from the Base Dead by Daylight Killers, there’s plenty you can work with.
For those focusing on finding Survivors and slowing them down, you can try this build. It uses Hex: Plaything (The Cenobite) and Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain (The Cenobite). Additionally, you will want the following Perks:
- Bitter Murmur (General): When a Generator is completed, the aura of Survivors within 16 meters is revealed for 5 seconds. If the final Generator is completed, the aura of all Survivors is revealed for 5/7/10 seconds.
- Whispers (General): You hear whispers from The Entity if at least one Survivor is within 48/40/32 meters of you.
Best Unique, General, and Base Killer Perks for The Cenobite
You don’t just have to focus on the General and Unique Perks for your best Cenobite builds in Dead by Daylight. Instead, you can do a nice mixture of Perks from the Killers in the Base game.
The following build focuses on finding and damaging Survivors as well as slowing down Generators. It all starts with Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain (The Cenobite). From there, add these Perks:
- Sloppy Butcher (General): Basic attacks cause Survivors to gain Mangled and Hemorrhage effects with an increased Bleeding frequency of 50/75/100%. The Healing regression rate due to Hemorrhage also increases by 15/20/25%.
- Jolt (General): If you down a Survivor with a Basic attack, Generators within a 32-meter radius explode and regress with a 6/7/8% Progression penalty.
- Tinkerer (The Hillbilly): Once a Generator is repaired to 70%, a loud noise notification will reveal its location. You also have the Undetectable status effect for 12/14/16 seconds.
Best Cenobite Builds – All Killer Perks in Dead by Daylight
If you have access to all the Killers, then you have a wreath of Perks to play around with.
One of our favorite builds keeps heavy pressure on the Survivors. This first uses the unique Perk Deadlock (The Cenobite). Then it adds the following:
- Franklin’s Demise (The Cannibal): Basic Attacks make Survivors drop their Items. If they don’t recover it within 150/120/90 seconds, their Charge will deplete. Auras of them are also revealed to you within 32 meters.
- Hoarder (The Twins): When a Survivor unlocks a Chest or retrieves an Item within 32/48/64 meters of you, you receive a noise notification for 4 seconds.
- Barbecue & Chilli (The Cannibal): Once you hook a Survivor, any Survivor within 60/50/40 meters have their aura revealed to you for 4 seconds.
Franklin’s Demise is perfect for The Cenobite’s passive ability. As Survivors seek the Lament Configuration, Franklin’s Demise can allow you to knock it out of their hands.
Some of the best Dead by Daylight builds for The Cenobite focus more on stopping Generators. If you want that, use Deadlock (The Cenobite) and the following Perks:
- Hex: Ruin (The Hag): Any Generator not being repaired will regress at 50/75/100% its normal Regression speed. Once a Survivor is killed, this is deactivated and reverts to a Dull Totem.
- Hex: Undying (The Blight): Reveals auras of Survivors within 2/3/4 meters of a Dull Totem. If the Hex Totem is cleansed, the Hex transfers to the Undying Totem.
- Pop Goes the Weasel (The Clown): This activates for 35/40/45 seconds once a Survivor is hooked. When you damage a Generator, it instantly regresses -20%.
So, with The Cenobite in your possession, feel free to try any of these out to create the best build in your Dead by Daylight run.
Dead by Daylight is available on PC, Google Stadia, PS5 and PS4 systems, Xbox One and Series consoles, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android.