Brawlhalla, the 2D free-to-play fighting game, is celebrating its fifth anniversary. While the game didn’t officially release until 2017, its open beta launched in 2015. Ubisoft is celebrating this momentous occasion by adding a ton of new content. This includes an emote and podium that are only available for a limited time. The event will also bring new updates to the game via a patch, which went live earlier today.
The full list of content available during the Brawlhalla anniversary event is as follows:
- Gala Colors – These are purchasable for all Legends and available for 3,000 Gold or 20 Mammoth coins each.
- Gilded Deco Podium – A new Podium featuring animation and sound effects. It’s only available during the anniversary event for 240 Mammoth coins.
- 5th Cake-aversary – A new Emote also only available during the event for 120 Mammoth coins.
- Ritzy Bodvar Skin – A new skin for Legend Bodvar that’s available for 140 Mammoth coins. It also comes with two Weapon skins.
- New Effects – Gravity canceling and others, these updates will be added in via a patch. They can be tested in the Experimental 1v1 queue and in custom games.
- Updated Base Skin Art – This is available for the Legends Sentinel and Thatch. They were also added in via the patch which updates their skins to match their new faces.
The Success of Brawlhalla
It isn’t just the amount of time that Ubisoft and developer Blue Mammoth Games are celebrating. Since launching in beta form in 2015, Brawlhalla has surpassed 50 million players worldwide. It’s now the most played fighting game on Steam. The team has also increased the playable roster to over 50 Legends and included crossovers with many popular IPs. These include Adventure Time, Rayman, and most recently The Walking Dead.
This year alone has seen Brawlhalla grow immensely in content with its first Battle Pass and new crossovers with the likes of Lara Croft. Its free-to-play model and slick gameplay have made it a success. Its cross-play between all platforms is also very user-friendly.
Have you saved up enough Mammoth coins for the anniversary event? Which part of the update excites you most? Be sure to let me know in the comments below!