We are excited to share the journey of building a PC with you and today, we are previewing some of the Corsair Products that will be included in this build.
Building a PC: Part 1
We love the partnership we have grown with Corsair so it was a no-brainer to reach out to them when we started the process to get some of the best hardware for our PC Build. They were gracious enough to work with us and provide us with some parts to use in this series.
Let’s take a look!
Crystal Series 680X RGB ATX High Airflow Tempered Glass Smart Case
The first thing you will obviously need with a PC build is a case. Corsair has some really nice cases and we went with the Crystal Series 680X RGB ATX High Airflow Tempered Glass Smart Case.
What does this case have to offer?
The 680X case includes:
- Dual chambers cooling with one chamber keeping everything cool while the other is used for routing cables, drive storage, and PSU mounting
- Four 120mm cooling fans and a Direct Airflow Path™ layout that will keep all your components nice and cool
- Three LL120 fans that offer 48 RGB LEDs that are individually addressable
- CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO to control the LL120 fans
- Three tempered glass panels located on the front, roof, and side door
- Optional vertical GPU mount that allows you to feature your graphics card
Potential for Additional Cooling
This case also gives you the ability to install up to 8x 120mm or 7x 140mm fans to maximize the cooling potential. There is also plenty of room to mount up to four radiators.
There is room, in this case, to install up to 3x 3.5in and 4x 2.5in drives in a drive mount that does not require tools and will provide high-capacity, flexible storage configurations.
The Front Panel provides you the following input/output:
- USB 3.1 Gen-2 Type-C
- 2x USB 3.1 Type-A
- Combination 3.5 mic/headphone connector
You probably are starting to understand why we chose this Corsair case for our PC Build. It has a lot to offer!
Retail Price: $249.99
Colors Available: Black, White
HXi Series HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply
Another key component when building a PC is the power supply and we chose to go with the HXi Series HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply — 1000 Watt 80 Plus PLATINUM Certified PSU.
The HX1000i power supply includes:
- Extremely tight voltage control
- Amazingly quiet operation
- Fully Modular Cable Set
- 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency
- Zero RPM Fan mode technology
80 PLUS Platinum Efficiency/Zero RPM Fan Mode
80 PLUS Platinum efficiency and Zero RPM Fan Mode brings efficiency in that the fan only spins when the HXi is being pushed hard and it spins only as fast as needed. This is not only efficient but it minimizes the noise level too!
The quietness of this power supply can also be attributed to the components that were specifically chosen to reduce coil whine and electronic noise.
Installation is quick and easy due to the fully modular, low-profile cable set and the fan self-test switch will save time by confirming it is operating before you attach all your cables to the motherboard.
Use of iCUE Software
You can monitor the performance and PSU voltage of the power supply by using the Corsair iCUE software that monitors and controls many of the Corsair products.
Retail Price: $284.99
Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
The H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler includes:
- Two 120mm ML PRO Series RGB magnetic levitation PWM fans
- Sixteen RGB LED lights – Individually Controlled
- Thermally optimized cold plate made of copper for cooling
- Low-noise pump design for quiet operation
RGB Magnetic Levitation Fans
Two 120 millimeter ML PRO Series RGB magnetic levitation PWM fans will serve multiple purposes. First, it will offer airflow to provide an extreme PU cooling performance.
Secondly, it will offer even more color to your PC build with the LED lights.
The 16 RGB LEDs will provide even more bright colors to your PC build and they are individually controlled which means you have even more options for customization.
The Corsair iCUE software is also used to control the lighting and monitor the performance of this product, as well. It really is the central hub of all things Corsair!
Between the fans previously mentioned and the thermally optimized copper cold plate and low-noise pump design, you can be this product will keep your CPU cool and do it quietly.
Air flow – 75 CFM. Noise level – 37.0 decibels
Retail Price: $159.99
iCUE QL120 RGB 120mm PWM Fan
The iCUE QL120 RGB 120mm PWM Single Fan includes:
- Four lighting zones
- 34 RGB LEDs – Individually addressable
- Powerful fans with speeds up to 1,500 RPM and airflow of up to 41.8 CFM
- Quiet Operation
- Anti-vibration rubber dampers
The 34 RGB LEDs are individually addressable and can be customized to your lighting preferences by using the Corsair iCUE software. You can synchronize all of your Corsair lightings to work together using the Corsair iCUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller which will be discussed later.
The fan speeds for this product can go up to 1,500 RPM, pushing up to 41.8 CFM of air and it does all this quietly with the 120mm fan blade that is designed for that reason.
Retail Price: $44.99 (on sale at the time of this writing for $34.99)
Corsair iCUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller
The Corsair iCUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller:
- Turns your case into a smart case
- Controls up to six case fans and two RGB lighting channels
- Powers up to six DC or PWM fans with voltage and PWM control
- Four repositionable temperature sensors for monitoring temperature
- Two USB 2.0 internal headers
The Corsair iCUE Commander PRO is a smart controller that allows you to control up to six case fans and two RGB lighting channels. It can control up to 6x 3-pin DC or 4-pin PWM fans and for total silence, it has the ability to run in a Zero-RPM fan mode.
We are excited to see what we can do with this smart controller when we finish the PC build.
Retail Price: $74.99 (at the time of this writing, you can find it on sale at Amazon for $60.99)
Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB Mouse Pad
The Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB Mouse Pad:
- Provides 15 zone RGB LED lighting that is customizable
- Offers accurate colors with True PWM lighting technology
- Includes a built-in USB pass-through port for easy access to USB for a mouse or another USB powered accessory
- Surface made of low-friction micro-textured material for pixel-precise tracking
- Base made with non-slip rubber
- 1.8M braided cable
What can you say about this mouse pad other than it will look amazing with all the other RGB LED lights that will be included in this PC build.
It is a very nice accessory!
Retail Price: $59.99
Summary – Building a PC – Part 1:
This is the first part of the Building a PC series and highlights all the Corsair products we will be using. As you can tell, we really like Corsair’s products and are excited to see it all come together.
If you want to know more about Corsair:
Look out for upcoming installments of the Building a PC Series!