Treyarch revealed more about the next phase of the Operation Apocalypse Z season of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Kicking off August 6 on PlayStation 4, the update will introduce, among other content, the new Pandemic Mode to Blackout. To tease the new mode, Treyarch posted a trailer on Twitter. Despite being extremely short, the trailer shows a view from the perspective of a zombie. The creatures will be playable.
— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) August 2, 2019
Further details arrived on Reddit, where Treyarch released a description of the new Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 mode.
“Pandemic is set to be a battle royale take on the classic Infected mode found in the normal multiplayer. In it, 80 players will fight to be the last survivors on Earth. This mode, and others highlighted here, will go live tomorrow when the game’s next half-season goes live.”
However, the focus of this update isn’t only Black Ops 4 ‘s Blackout. As specified on the post, new content will arrive on all modes. Therefore, the Infected: Final Stand and the “Alpha Omega” Gauntlet game modes will be included in it.
This is the full list of the most significant introductions, as detailed by Treyarch in their Reddit post:
- Pandemic – Imagine an 80-player game of Infected on the biggest Call of Duty map ever made. We’re cranking that idea to 11 and making it a reality in Blackout, where the rules have changed from “last squad standing” to “last survivors on Earth against an endless swarm of undead at the end of the world”. Get ready to run.
- Infected: Final Stand – The fan-favorite party game rises again in Multiplayer with new game-changing twists to keep both teams fighting for survival until the very end.
- Blackout Updates – We’re adding the new sidecar-equipped Motorcycle to Blackout, along with more Zombies-inspired Easter eggs, Wonder Weapons, wall buys, and enemy types.
- “Alpha Omega” Gauntlet – Take on 30 new rounds of challenges at Camp Edward in our latest competitive Gauntlet for Zombies fans, “Duck and Cover”.
- More Contract Rewards – We’re increasing the potential Contract reward rate by guaranteeing at least one Normal Contract with a Reserve Case reward each day.
- New Black Market Content – New Contraband rewards are coming, including an Ultra Weapon Bribe, new Epic Outfits, Gestures, Reactive Camo, Jump Pack, Calling Cards, and more.