Today, the developers at Raven software went live with the season 5 update for Call of Duty: Warzone, along with accompanying patch notes. The moderately sized update will make various changes adding a limited-time game mode, supply box UAVs, perk adjustments, and bug fixes. So, without any more introduction, here are the full patch notes for the Call of Duty: Warzone season 5 update.
Call of Duty: Warzone season 5 update patch notes
Operation: Last Call Adjustments
This limited-time, Heroes-versus-Villains-themed Mode is currently live and available for all Players to experience until September 14th. We’ve made a couple of small adjustments that we think will help improve the experience:
- Event tokens now reward 200 points, up from 100 points
- This applies to Event tokens acquired in other Modes as well
- Bombs and Defuse Kits have been reenabled in the Buy Station
We’ve seen positive reactions to the “8-Bit Warfare” Mastercraft Bundle and the included “NOCLIP” EX1 (VG) Blueprint. That said, we’ve also heard feedback that Players have found the overlaid, low-framerate retro gaming filter to be overwhelming and, in some cases, even causing nausea. We have therefore made a change to remove this filter so that the Blueprint still looks 8-bit but plays like a glorious modern-day Weapon.
Supply Box UAV Adjustment
- Removed Resurgence Supply Boxes from appearing on Supply Box UAV scans to focus the scan on the best Supply Boxes.
Quality of life
Gas Mask Adjustments
- Gas Masks will now appear in the first slot of the Quick Inventory Menu for easier access during engagements for players using the Manual Gas Mask toggle.
- Improved Manual Gas Mask text in the settings menu to better detail how players manually equip the Gas Mask.
- Fixed additional collision issues with various elements across Caldera/Fortune’s Keep allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing the idle/unlooted sound effect of Event tokens to be louder than intended.
- Fixed an issue with Operation: Last Call causing the incorrect victory banner to appear if a team wins during overtime.
- Fixed an issue preventing Field Upgrades and Equipment from being destroyed when placed in lava.
- Fixed an issue causing the Serpentine Perk icon to appear even if the Player was not under the effects of it.
- Serpentine is now only active while in Tactical Sprint.
We’ve updated Serpentine to now only be in effect during Tactical Sprint instead of regular Sprint. We expect that this change, along with the existing hard counters that are available in “Frangible – Disabling” and the VG Gunperk “Disable” will result in both a more consistent engagement experience and encourage further exploration of weapon builds.
After reading through the Call of Duty: Warzone season five patch notes, you check the game for free on PC, PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One & Series X|S. Additionally, you can find the Call of Duty: Warzone season five patch notes on the official website. Lastly, you can follow future updates or other projects by the developers at Raven Software by heading over to their development website.