Before Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War releases on November 13, Activision is opening multiplayer beta periods starting this week. As previously mentioned in our Zombies preview article, the COD: Black Ops Cold War multiplayer beta is coming in two phases:
- Weekend one, the PS4 exclusive beta:
- October 8-9, open to pre-orderers of the game on PS4.
- October 10-12, open to all PS4 owners. PS Plus subscription isn’t required except for players in Germany.
- Weekend two, the cross-platform beta:
- October 15-16, open for people who have pre-ordered the game on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
- October 17-19, open to everyone on all platforms.
The COD: Black Ops Cold War multiplayer beta allows you to try out five different multiplayer modes. The classic Team Deathmatch, control point capture Domination, dog tag collecting Kill Confirmed, and two brand new modes, Combined Arms and (the previously leaked) VIP Escort. You’ll play these modes across the four maps of Satellite, Miami, Armada, and Crossroads.
If you pre-ordered the game, you will get the exclusive Woods Operator Pack that gives you the Frank Woods skin and one weapon blueprint. Meanwhile pre-ordering the COD: Black Ops Cold War Ultimate Edition bundle for $89.99 includes the Land, Sea, & Air Pack DLC:
- Three operator skins
- Three weapon blueprints
- Three vehicle skins
COD: Black Ops Cold War will be available for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC via Battle.net. The game will have cross-play, cross-progression system, and a cross-generation upgrade. This means you can play it on two (or more) platforms and won’t miss out on anything. What do you think of this latest entry to the Call of Duty series? Are you going to play the multiplayer beta with friends? Let me know in the comments, and stay tuned at The Nerd Stash for all your news, reviews, and more!