Indie publisher Headup Games is pleased to announce that their new 2D pixel twin-stick shooter western game called Colt Canyon is now out on Steam, GOG, Switch, and Xbox One. In the game, players will play as either a male or a female cowboy who has a mission to save their kidnapped partner from some evil bandits. Throughout the game, you will fight using over 70 deadly weapons through a canyon filled with countless enemies, hidden treasures, and various obstacles.
To add to the fun, Colt Canyon also offers a wonderful two-player local coop multiplayer mode so players can bring friends on this wild west adventure. Also, the game has a whole host of features to keep players busy. The most notable of these features is the rogue-lite elements that are “skill-based, not grind-based” as the feature page describes. The game also has several other features that you can find listed below. For more information, please visit the official website. That said, here are the key features to expect from Colt Canyon.
Colt Canyon Key Features List:
- Easy to learn (but hard to master) skill-based rogue-lite elements
- Wide range of unlockable playable characters
- Dynamic and immersive environments and enemies
- Keyboard and mouse support
- Controller support
- AI companions
- Local two-player coop
- Upgrades for both players and companions
- High replayability and difficulty with permadeath
- Minimalistic pixel art style with a wonderful soundtrack
- Impactful particle effects
- 70 realistic weapons with manual reload mechanics
- Various traps and explosive objects
Colt Canyon is available currently on Steam, GOG, Xbox One, Switch, and it will also be available for PS4 later this year. To keep up with the latest news regarding Colt Canyon, follow the publisher Headup Games on Twitter.
This was all the information we have currently regarding Colt Canyon. Be sure to let us know what you guys thought about this wonderful wild west game. Will you get the game in the future? What features did intrigue you the most? What is your opinion on the art style? Let us know in the comments below!