It only took Atl Shift one week to reach 50 percent of their Kickstarter goal for Crying Suns. But it wasn’t done there. Just a few days later, the upcoming story-driven, rogue-lite and tactical game has surpassed the 80 percent portion of its $29,369 goal.
Alt Shift posted an update on the Crying Suns Kickstarter page revealing that, thanks to over 1000 backers, they would now be opening up a Subreddit and Steam forum devoted to the game. Alongside that, they announced a closed beta will take place for beta access package tier (30 €) and upwards backers three weeks from now.
It is exciting to see Alt Shift start to expand the range of possibilities for Crying Suns now that they are confident it will get funded. Currently, they are running a poll asking fans which of the following five features they would like to see added to the game given that they will likely surpass their Kickstarter goal, allowing them more time and income to spend on the game.
- A new Faction: 1 new playable Battleship, 2 new playable Heroes, new Weapons, new Squadrons, new story events
- Epic boss fights: Enhanced and bigger boss Battleships, boss mega Weapon, unique boss Squadrons, additional patterns
- Expedition improvements: more graphics, more animation, better UI
- Daily Run: We present you with a new run each day, you play it, earn a score, and we rank you worldwide against all other Crying Suns’ players
- The choice to play either a female or a male Admiral Ellys Idaho
To fill out the survey, click the google doc linked here.
For more information and updates on Crying Suns, be sure to check back to the site. In the meantime, also check out our interview with Alt Shifts Frederic Lopez, in which we talk about Crying Suns’ rogue-lite structure, inspirations, vivid pixel art, and much more!
Andrew has been in love with video game ever since his brother was forced by their parents to let him watch him and his friends play games like Goldeneye and Super Mario 64.