Update 1.2 has arrived for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and here is the complete list of changes and fixes added to this patch. The patch notes state that a new matchmaking update is intended to reset rankings as part of a new push by Valve. Players who want to identify new skill sets must attend and win at least one match. In addition, Valve made some changes to the Ember map and fixed bugs. Here is everything new with CS: GO update patch 18.104.22.168 and the new rank system.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) Update Patch 22.214.171.124
- Multiple changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm will require Skill Groups to be recalibrated for accuracy. Your Skill Group will not be visible until you win your next match.
- Game instructor should now correctly reload saved state if it is disabled and re-enabled.
- Game instructor floating hints are disabled in competitive matches.
- Changes to Cannons:
- Altered the angle that the North cannon faces
- Cannons can now be aimed upwards and are now 2x faster
- Now have 3 firing speeds (change with mouse2)
- Reduced inaccuracy multiplier
- Killfeed now shows weapon icon
- Produce a beefy screen shake and more particle effects
- Base model now also rotates
- Added damage falloff to cannonballs after their initial collision
- Fixed being able to bumpmine away from cannon and keep control
- Fixed cannons continuing to turn when no longer in use
- Added bus to bus stop outside Industry.
Typically when we ship changes to CS: GO’s matchmaking system, the adjustments are small enough that we don’t include them in our release notes. However, today’s update affects all CS: GO players, so it requires some explanation.
When you launch CS: GO, you’ll notice that your Skill Group is not displayed–you’ll have to win one more match to reveal your Skill Group. Most of you will notice a change to your Skill Group, but some may find that you were already in the right place.
So jump into a match, or two, or however many it takes for your next win. Also, for those still interested, it’s the last week to purchase Antwerp 2022 Stickers–they are available in the store until August 8th. For more information regarding this CS: GO patch, visit the official CS: GO site.