DayZ has today (May 2) released a PC update over on the Stable version of the game, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. Today’s update acts more or less the same as the hotfixes we’ve come accustomed to for the game. Merely fixing some issues when it comes to the general health of the game and the modding scene, you shouldn’t go in expecting anything extravagant or literally game-changing. Though with that being said, having the several issues that have been plaguing the game fixed is always a nice bonus. Hopefully, an update will release in the new future that adds more exciting stuff. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with DayZ in its May 2 update!
DayZ May 2 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed a game lag when killing infected (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164167)
- It was not possible to lower the flag from the flag pole
- It was possible to skip the engine starting animation for vehicles
- The camera would zoom briefly when using eye focus during certain actions
- Cooking on the gas stove would take exceptionally long
- Vertical camera settings were not saved after restarting the game
- Player bodies would not leave their equipment after being skinned and quartered
- Buried items would still show option to bury (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T163850)
- Headtracking TrackIR was not functioning (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164166)
- Added: CGame.GetHostName() and CGame.GetHostData() methods for client to get information about currently connected server
- Fixed: Referencing AbstractWave would give an empty compilation error on Retail instead of just a warning in certain scenarios
- Changed: AbstractWave has private ctor and dtor in Diag/Workbench to warn about script deleting it while it shouldn’t
DayZ and the May 2 update are available exclusively on PC, with the game also available on both PlayStation and Xbox platforms. For more information regarding this update, check out the official forums site.