If you’ve played the Silent Hill games or just seen the films, then Pyramid Head is a well-recognized character. This foreboding and merciless Killer has a solid playstyle in Dead by Daylight. Pair the right perks with his abilities, and you can win every Trial. We’ll show you some of the best Dead by Daylight builds for Pyramid Head, otherwise known as The Executioner.
Best Builds for The Executioner in Dead by Daylight
As you build up excitement for a future Dead by Daylight film, let’s dive into some of the iconic Killers. One of those is The Executioner. Arriving in CHAPTER 16: Silent Hill, Pyramid Head can torment Survivors.
Let’s check out his unique perks in Dead by Daylight first before we get into the best builds for The Executioner:
- Forced Penance: Survivors who take a Protection Hit get the Broken effect for the next 60/70/80 seconds.
- Trail of Torment: Activates when you damage a Generator. Gain Undetectable until the Generator stops regressing or a Survivor is injured.
- Deathbound: Activates when a Survivor heals another at least 1 Health Point and they’re at least 32 meters away. That Survivor will scream and suffer from Oblivious for the next 60 seconds when they’re further than 16/12/8 meters from the healed Survivor.
When you want the best build for The Executioner, you can’t just look at the Dead by Daylight perks. You have to address his abilities too.
With his iconic Great Knife, Pyramid Head can use Rites of Judgement to leave a Torment Trail in the ground. Survivors who run through it trigger Killer Instinct. Additionally, there’s a chance they will go to the Cage of Atonement when downed.
As for the Cage of Atonement, you can activate it while standing over a Survivor who is Tormented. It sends them to the Cage that acts just like a hook.
The Executioner isn’t an easy Killer, but you can still make the best builds for beginners and Dead by Daylight veterans.
Best Beginner Build for The Executioner
As you learn how The Executioner works, starting out with a simple build is best. The one below uses just Trail of Torment from Pyramid Head:
- Fearmonger (General): Survivors repairing Generators suffer Exhausted and Blindness effects.
- Bitter Murmur (General): When a Generator is finished, Survivors within 16 meters of it have their auras revealed for 5 seconds. Once the last Generator is done, auras of all Survivors are revealed for 5/7/10 seconds.
- Jolt (General): When you down a Survivor with a Basic Attack, Generators within 32 meters explode and regress.
Best All-Perks Builds for The Executioner in Dead by Daylight
You can play The Executioner in a few ways once you’re familiar with him. One of the best methods is to use his powers against Survivors, and the way to do that is to find them at all times.
For this build, we focus on finding Survivors through auras:
- I’m All Ears (The Ghost Face): Reveals the auras of Survivors who perform a rush action within 48 meters of you for 6 seconds.
- Lethal Pursuer (The Nemesis): At the start of the Trial, auras of all Survivors are revealed for 7/8/9 seconds.
- Discordance (The Legion): Generators within 64/96/128 meters worked on by at least 2 Survivors are marked with yellow auras. Also, it triggers a loud noise notification.
- Surveillance (The Pig): Auras of regressing Generators are revealed in white. If regression is interrupted, auras are highlighted yellow for 8/12/16 seconds.
Best Demogorgon Builds in Dead by Daylight (February 2023)
Another great build for The Executioner in Dead by Daylight slows Generators down and gives you some extra help for the endgame:
- No Way Out (The Trickster): Gains 1 Token for each hooked Survivor. Activates when Exit Gates are powered. You receive a loud noise notification when Survivors interact with the Switch, and The Entity blocks both Switches for 12 seconds. Blocks it for an additional 6/9/12 seconds per each Token.
- Deadlock (The Cenobite): When a Generator is completed, The Entity blocks the Generator with the most progress for 20/25/30 seconds. Their auras are also revealed in white.
- Blood Warden (The Nightmare): Activates once an Exit Gate opens. Auras of Survivors within the Exit Gate area are revealed. Once per Trial, if you hook a Survivor when Blood Warden is active, The Entity blocks the exits for 30/40/60 seconds.
- Hex: No One Escapes Death (General): Activates if there’s a Dull Totem and the Exit Gates are powered. Survivors are permanently Exposed, and your movement speed increases by 2/3/4%.
Remember to use The Executioner’s powers to their fullest ability. He can easily injure and down Survivors, trapping them in the Cage of Torment rather than hooking for greater map control.
Dead by Daylight is available on PC, PS5, and PS4 systems, Xbox One and Series systems, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android.