With the latest chapter from Dead by Daylight, players get to enjoy the new Survivor Thalita Lyra. A young Brazilian woman, Thalita is all about teamwork. So, if you play as her, your best bet is to lean into helping your fellow Survivors rather than lone wolf the Trial. We’ll share some tips on how to best play Thalita Lyra in Dead by Daylight by crafting the right builds.
How to Play Thalita Lyra in Dead by Daylight
Thalita Lyra arrives alongside her brother and The Skull Merchant Killer from CHAPTER 27: Tools of Torment. As we mentioned, she is a Survivor who is generally equipped to help others in the Trial. Of course, you can play your Survivor however you wish. Nonetheless, Thalita Lyra is naturally team-oriented to play as in Dead by Daylight.
First, let’s view her unique perks:
- Friendly Competition: Activates when you complete a Generator with at least 1 other Survivor. Increases your repair speed and others who repaired with you by +5% for 45/60/75 seconds.
- Teamwork: Power of Two: Activates when you finish healing a Survivor. Both you and said Survivor receive 5% Haste if you stay within 12 meters of each other.
- Cut Loose: Activates for 4/5/6 seconds when you rush vault during a Chase. It suppresses the loud noise notification and sound effects of vaulting.
A fun and reliable way to play Thalita Lyra in Dead by Daylight is to create lore-centered builds that best utilize her unique perks.
Thalita Lyra – Friendly Competition Build
There are many perks that are ideal when you want to bring Friendly Competition from Thalita. The perk is all about Generator repair, so consider other perks that boost it even more. Combining 3 of the following perks with her unique one can help you play Thalita Lyra as a Generator team-up Survivor in Dead by Daylight:
- Bond (Dwight): You see the auras of Survivors within 20/28/36 meters of you.
- Corrective Action (Jonah): You begin the Trial with 1/2/3 Tokens and gain a Token with each Great Skill Check success. When a Survivor repairing/healing with you fails a Skill Check, you consume a Token and turn their failure into a Good Skill Check.
- Prove Thyself (Dwight): Repair speed increases +15% for each Survivor within 4 meters. The effect is applied to others within the range.
- Déjà Vu (General): Auras of 3 Generators closest to each other are revealed for 30/45/60 seconds at the start of the Trial. While active, increases repair speed on them by +5%.
- Situational Awareness (General): While repairing a Generator, its aura is revealed to other Survivors within 32 meters. If a Survivor is downed while you repair, their aura is highlighted for 8/9/10 seconds.
- Spine Chill (General): Activates if a Killer is within 36 meters. The Terror Radius intensity is also revealed. If the Killer is within range and looking at you, you see an increase in action speeds by 2/4/6%.
- Resilience (General): Increases action speeds by 3/6/9% when injured.
How to Play Thalita Lyra – Teamwork: Power of Two Build
The following is ideal for a healing-oriented play style for Thalita Lyra in Dead by Daylight. This brings Teamwork: Power of Two from her. You can experiment with the following perks:
- Empathy (Claudette): Reveals the auras of Survivors injured or down within 64/96/128 meters.
- Botany Knowledge (Claudette): Increases healing speed by 30/40/50%.
- Buckle Up (Ash): When healing a Survivor from downed to injured, they receive 10% Haste for 6/8/10 seconds. The Killer’s aura is revealed to you both for the same amount of time.
- For the People (Zarina): Press the Active Ability button to activate it if you’re healthy and healing a Survivor without using a Med-Kit. You’ll trade 1 health state with said Survivor. You become injured and suffer Broken for 80/70/60 seconds. Additionally, you become the Killer’s Obsession.
- Aftercare (Jeff): You see the auras of the last 1/2/3 Survivors if you’ve done one of the following:
- Rescued or have been rescued by them from a hook
- Healed or been healed by them
- They can see your aura
- Teamwork: Collective Stealth (Renato): Activates when a Survivor heals you. Both sets of Scratch Marks are suppressed if you stay within 12 meters of each other.
Best Skull Merchant Builds in Dead by Daylight (March 2023)
Thalita Lyra – Cut Loose Build
Finally, we have the Cut Loose perk. This is all about getting away from the Killer. So, if you want to play Thalita Lyra as a runner in Dead by Daylight, consider pairing these perks with her unique one:
- Lithe (Feng): Gives you a speed boost of 150% after a rushed vault.
- Windows of Opportunity (Kate): Reveals the auras of Windows, Breakable Walls, and Pallets within 24/28/32 meters.
- Dance With Me (Kate): When you perform a rush action, you won’t leave Scratch Marks for the next 3 seconds.
- Lightweight (General): Scratch Marks are inconsistent, and it reduces the duration of them by 3/4/5 seconds.
- Sprint Burst (Meg): When you begin to run, you will sprint at 150% of your normal speed for 3 seconds.
How to Counter Thalita Lyra in Dead by Daylight
Now that we know the various ways to play Thalita Lyra in Dead by Daylight, let’s stand on the opposite side of the fence for a moment. It always helps to know how you can be countered by the Killer.
For Friendly Competition, we want Killer perks that mess with Thalita’s need to be with another Survivor. Discordance (The Legion) is the best perk here as it reveals the aura of Generators within 64/96/128 meters being repaired by 2 or more Survivors.
For a Thalita Lyra that wants to play the healing game in Dead by Daylight, there are some Killer perks adept at countering Teamwork: Power of Two. Coulrophobia (The Clown) can slow them down as it reduces healing speed by 30/40/50% for anyone within your Terror Radius.
Septic Touch (The Dredge) is good too, since it causes Blindness and Exhausted effects for Survivors healing within your Terror Radius, making it tough for them to stay within those 12 meters of each other.
Lastly, we have Cut Loose. To counter it, Bamboozle (The Clown) is nice since it prevents Thalita from double-vaulting the same window. The Entity will block a window that’s vaulted for 8/12/16 seconds.
Now you know how to both play Thalita Lyra in Dead by Daylight and what a Killer can potentially do to counter you.
Dead by Daylight is available on PC, PS5 and PS4, Xbox One and Series, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android.