Dead by Daylight has today debuted its 5.5.2 update on all platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. Today’s update, like the past few debuted for the game, is focused first and foremost on fixing bugs from the 5.5.0 update. It wasn’t a major update that brought new characters or killers or anything like that, but the amount it did created a few issues. Today rectifies that, but it does come with two major changes: one to Boil Over, and the other to Rite of the Executioner. You’ll find more details on those below though. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Dead by Daylight in its 5.5.2 update!
Dead by Daylight Update 5.5.2 Patch Notes
- Boil Over
- Changed to give 33% of current wiggle progress when falling from great heights (was a flat 25% increase)
Dev Note: This change prevents abuse of Boil Over in specific map locations where the killer has no choice but to drop from a height. It still stays relevant for longer walks and especially for basement access. At over 75% wiggle progress, it still results in an insta-drop.
- Changed “Rite of The Executioner” Daily Ritual to require sending 2 Survivors to Cages of Atonement (was 4)
- Fixed an issue that caused some players to encounter a Grade Reset after updating to patch 5.5.1. Note: This issue was only visual.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Wraiths Withering Vine cosmetic to erroneously be unlocked for all players.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hillbilly’s Fable Acres Delivery torso cosmetic to clip into the camera when hooking a Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused the HUD score alerts to lose their formatting when using the Large Text setting.
- Fixed an issue that caused players with at least 1 game played but 0 pips to not receive any reward at the end of season.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nemesis’ tentacle strike recovery animation to be missing when too close to an asset.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to not be able to lunge after a blink if the attack input is pressed before the end of the blink.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse’s second blink to be delayed and thus cover less distance.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse not to enter fatigue when having a grab validation fail after blinking.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse’s hand not to close properly when charging a chain blink.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to be able to blink out of bounds past the exit threshold in the Springwood maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to be able to blink out of bounds past the exit threshold in the Backwater Swamp maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivors to use ”Dead Hard” to jump on rocks near the Ferry Boat.
- Fixed an issue that caused Jonah’s tablet to be visible on the floor of the Vat room in The Game map.
- Fixed an issue that caused hooks in the Eyrie of Crows map to be missing the white glow from Scourge Hook perks.
- Fixed an issue that caused a small part of the Entity to stretch when a Survivor is sacrificed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the exit prompt to become unresponsive after adding a friend in the Friends List.
- Fixed an issue that may have caused the game to become stuck when joining an almost full survivor lobby (PS4/PS5 only)
Dead by Daylight and update 5.5.2 are now available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch platforms. It also can be found on mobile platforms in a different format. For more information regarding this update, check out the official website.