The first major update for Deathloop – Game Update 1 – is now available on PS5 and PC. It’s a big one: 11GB of improvements and bug fixes, along with some additional controller support and settings that will make those sweet kicks a whole lot smoother. To say that we like Deathloop a lot is a bit of an understatement, and we’re hardly alone: Arkane Studios’s first-person shooter/Groundhog Day mashup has also received near-universal acclaim, and is potentially a game of the year contender. Here’s all the Game Update 1 Patch Notes for Deathloop.
Deathloop Game Update 1 Patch Notes
If you’re a PC user, Game Update 1 comes with support for Nvidia DLSS, as well as Sony DualSense controller audio. You’ll also get new settings options for fog quality, and an on-screen indicator that will let you know if you have a poor-connection. Here are some of the other fixes:
- Fixed issues that were causing dropped frames and hitches in camera movement
- Improved performance and stability, especially with ray tracing
- Improved NPC pathing and reactions to the player
- Improved audio mix quality
- Fixed laser mines, turrets and fireworks for both Colt and Julianna players
- Fixed issue with mouse wheel. Using the mouse wheel to switch between weapons will now work properly and will not cause weapons to be dropped.
- Fixed unlock issue with “Oops” and “Deathday Suit” achievements
- Fixed issue that could cause Colt’s progression to be reset even if player chose ‘no’ on confirmation
- Fixed crash issue when a player unlocks a feat using Havoc while playing as Julianna
- Fixed Aleksis Dorsey reactions, making him easier to identify among his party guests
- Fixed issue that was causing assassinations to glitch sometimes while playing as Julianna
- Julianna’s actions will no longer directly unlock achievements for Colt
- Julianna players will no longer hear radio conversations meant for only Colt
- Fixed issue with leaning inconsistency (inputs will no longer be ignored sporadically)
There have been a few updates to Deathloop recently, so check out the changes from the previous patch if you haven’t already. If you need a little help with infusing, identifying and killing that pesky Aleksis, or just making sure that you can kick your enemies in peace without being invaded, then check out our Deathloop guides and review.