This year’s DevGAMM Game Fest has concluded, and the winner for the grand prize was The Wandering Village by Straw Fawn Studio. The event showcased a number of titles that have exploded onto the video game scene for 2022. They were other prizes for the different categories, with all of them splitting the prize pool of $20,000. Keep reading on to see who else took home some money and names that made an appearance for DevGAMM Game Fest 2022.
DevGAMM Game Fest 2022 Brings In New Winners
For the uninformed, the DevGAMM Game Fest celebrates new games from developers by acting as a fun competition. Unique titles go head-to-head in order to acquire a worthy cash prize while creating a spotlight for themselves in the process. The event tapped into more indie titles, with multiple developers coming from different countries to be a part of the festivities. The categories for DevGAMM include the Grand Prize, Excellence in Game Design, Excellence in Visual Art, Excellence in Audio, Excellence in Narrative, Best Mobile Game, Best Desktop Game, and Best Indie Game. Special Nominations include Unreal Engine Choice, Nvidia Choice, Ravenage Games, Versus Evil Choice, and Gameowdio Choice.
As aforementioned, The Wandering Village took home the grand prize of $2,500. The other nominees were Gerda: A Flame in Winter, It’s A Wrap!, Lost In Play, and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands.
Here are the winners for the other categories:
- Excellence in Game Design: Against the Storm by Eremite Games
- Excellence in Visual Art: Lost In Play by Happy Juice Games
- Excellence in Audio: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands by Gearbox Software
- Excellence in Narrative: Gerda: A Flame in Winter by PortaPlay GP
- Best Mobile Game: Boxville by Triomatica Games
- Best Desktop Game: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands by Gearbox Software
- Best Indie Game: Lost In Play by Happy Juice Games
- Unreal Engine Choice: Romancelvania by The Deep End Games
- Nvidia Choice: Biwar Legend Of Dragon Slayer by Devata Game Production
- Ravenage Games: Deep Alchemy Dungeon by Spectre17
- Versus Evil Choice: Battlejuice Alchemist by Alchemical Works
- Gameowdio Choice: Adapt by Slug Disco Studios
To see the full list of nominees, be sure to check out the names and games through the DevGAMM website. The event only ran from November 23-25, so if you’re trying to catch the competition, check around next year for the 2023 event.