In Diablo Immortal, Destruction’s End is the last dungeon you have to clear in the Library of Zoltun Kulle Zone before you can head out to Bilefen. In this two-phase dungeon, together with two Horadrims, you’ll face off against an old nemesis, Baal, The Lord of Destruction, to trap him in the Soul Shard. Sounds pretty exciting, right? Continue reading on to learn how this dungeon works.
How to Clear Destruction’s End Dungeon in Diablo Immortal
Before you start farming this dungeon for Legendary items, though, do note that it’s not particularly recommended to do that because of the low EXP gain. The dungeon is also separated by walls, making it hard for Groups to split up for faster clears and keep 100-kill streaks for Massacre bonuses. You might want to run the Forgotten Tower and Mad King’s Breach instead if you’re planning to grind/farm Experience or items with friends. Nevertheless, if you’re looking for the particular Set Item drops from Destruction’s End’s reward pool, then feel free to farm. Now on to the dungeon guide!
Either playing solo or in a Group, in Phase 1 you need to escort Zoltun Kulle until the end of the area, and all of you face off against Baal. There are going to be three fire walls that separate Phase 1. The mobs you fight will be randomized between Volatile Crawlers, Demon Assault Troopers, Demon Archers, Fallen Grunts, Fallen Shaman, and Fallen Firestarters.
As usual, prioritize ranged/spellcasters such as the Firestarters and the Shamans first. And if you’re playing in a Group, split up into two teams: one escorting Zoltun Kulle and one clearing the mobs near the walls.
- First fire wall: Defeat every enemy you see and wait until Zoltun Kulle removes the wall.
- Second fire wall: Escort Zoltun Kulle while keeping enemies away from him. If in a Group, two players can run ahead to clear out mobs while the others stay with Zoltun Kulle.
- Third fire wall: Keep doing what you’ve been doing, then you will join forces with Tal Rasha and be ready to fight Phase 1 Baal.
Phase 1 Baal is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is to take down two of his health bars then he will teleport away. These are his movesets that you need to keep an eye on:
- If you’re in melee range and Baal turns around to face you, he’ll retaliate with a frontal swipe that sends an orange shockwave your way.
- Baal can shoot out homing ice missiles if you’re far enough, but they’re slow and easy to avoid.
- His most dangerous attack is the fireball, which will spread out from Baal’s position.
Head south and jump down the cliff. You’ll pretty much have to repeat what you did before, but this time there are four walls, the Overseer miniboss will show up near the end, and a 3-minute timer will pop up once Zoltun Kulle starts his spellcasting. If you manage to clear all four fire walls before the timer ends, you’ll be able to open a bonus Treasure Chest. This should be easy if you’re playing with a Group, and getting Zoltun Kulle interrupted once or twice shouldn’t be enough to fail the timer.
- First fire wall: Talk to Zoltun Kulle, and he will start channeling to take out the wall. Keep the mobs away from him. Otherwise, his casting will be interrupted.
- Second fire wall: Kill everything you see and protect Zoltun Kulle again.
- Third fire wall: Same as the previous wall.
- Fourth fire wall: This time, the Overseer miniboss also shows up. Thankfully, if the Overseer is defeated, the other mobs will also disappear, so focus all your attention on Zoltun Kulle and the Overseer!
Now, Phase 2 Baal is the real fight. These are all the things you need to remember when fighting him:
- You have to destroy the Festering Appendages that surround Baal to destroy the forcefield and be able to target him.
- When the forcefield is destroyed, all players will be knocked back and stunned for a few seconds.
- He still has the melee shockwaves and ice missiles.
- He can now spawn additional Festering Appendages, but don’t let them bother you too much against the real target.
- Now there are two variations of his fireball attack:
- Three waves of fireballs will strike from the sky (2 seconds delay each), telegraphed by red circles on the ground. While you can avoid it by side-stepping, keep in mind that they’ll also explode into three smaller projectiles.
- Constant fireballs rain in all directions that will easily kill you. To avoid it, pay attention to Tal Rasha. He will summon a yellow dome that will soak up the damages.
After you’ve defeated Baal once again, Tal Rasha will open a portal to your next destination. However, wait until Tal Rasha’s Appreciation Treasure Chest shows up near Zoltun Kulle to claim the bonus Chest if you managed to clear the pre-boss fight section in 3 minutes or less.
Diablo Immortal Destruction’s End Dungeon Rewards
- Hell I+: Issatar the Brute (Issatar Imbued Set Boots), Whipcrack (Windloft Perfection Set Belt)
- Hell II+: The Subjugator (Feasting Baron’s Pack Set Neck)
- Hell II+: Shepherd and Beastmaster (Shepherd’s Call to Wolves Set Hands)
- Hell IV+: Modest Urge (Vithu’s Urges Set Ring)