DioField Chronicle from publisher Square Enix and developer Lancarse will be getting a free update, and here are all the changes and improvements coming to the game with these patch notes. The free update for DioField Chronicle will come out in March of next year and will bring major content additions like new scenarios, weapons, skills, modes, and even a new difficulty level. Here is the complete list of patch notes for the free update coming to DioField Chronicles in March:
The DioField Chronicle Free March Update Patch Notes
- New Scenario – A new scenario not told in the main story starring Waltaquin Redditch. In this scenario, playable after clearing Chapter 5, you will make your way through missions while controlling Waltaquin. “Behemoth” will appear as the final boss.
- New Weapon “Grimoire” – In the newly added scenario, you will be able to equip Waltaquin’s dedicated weapon “Grimoire,” which can use skills to summon units and morph into other forms.
- New Skills – The new skill “Necromancy” can be used to summon a Skull Knight. The new skill “Necrotame” can be used to transform your units into a Skull Dragon to unleash powerful skills.
- High-Difficulty “Extra Mode” – A mode in which high-level enemies appear from Chapter 1. This will be added as a function of “New Game+,” which allows you to carry over your levels, weapons, and skill trees after clearing the main story.
- A New Difficulty Level “Very Hard” – The “Very Hard” difficulty level offers more challenging battles with fewer fragment drops, reduced enemy skill use frequency and cooldowns, limited revival time and HP recovery, and so on.
You can watch the trailer for the free DioField Chronicle update here:
The update for DioField Chronicle will be available to everyone who already owns the game in March 2023. Although the game doesn’t have too big of a player base, it is still good to see fans getting free content post-release. The game is currently available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam.