Dirt 5 has today launched its update 5.00/5.01, so here is the official list of changes and fixes with this patch! As you might’ve seen from the title, this is the biggest update Dirt 5 has seen since its launch back in November of 2020. And while the patch notes may be rather short, they’re deceptively small. There’s a lot of various bits and pieces to unpack from new cars, race tracks, liveries, and more! Without further adieu, here’s everything that’s been changed and added with Dirt 5 update 5.00/5.01!
Disclaimer: If you’re wondering why this Dirt 5 patch is referred to as update 5.00/5.01, two updates went out today, with the second addressing various technical issues. As these aren’t listed though, it can be assumed these changes are mashed together.
Dirt 5 Update 5.00/5.01 Patch Notes
Content and Features
- Super Size Content Pack: Four new cars with multiple liveries (Bentley Continental GT Ice Race Car, Rezvani Tank, Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport Baja Concept, Armada Rock Racer), 27 Career events, two Career Sponsors (Toblerone, Power Maxed), additional customisation items*
- Parts Unknown Playgrounds Update: New set of space-themed items in Create mode and new location: Papoose Lake
- Two Brazil tracks added – Sao Conrado and Rio Seafront – with additional reverse variants
- Iconic liveries added for five cars: Citroen C3 R5, BMW M2 Competition, Porsche Cayenne Transsyberia, Fiat Abarth 124 Rally, Ford F-150 Raptor Prerunner by Deberti Design
- Playgrounds: Weekly Challenges and Creator Rewards added
- PS5: Further haptics and adaptive trigger support added
- Online: Public playlists for both Race and Party modes updated with new events
- PS4/5: Implemented ability to carry all account save progress between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
- PS5: Added user control of rumble intensity through DualSense controller
- 40 additional player Levels added, bringing the maximum possible player Level to 200, with an unlockable item when reaching Level 200
- 12 community-taken Photo Mode shots added into the game as loading screens
- Photo Mode: Fix for instances of points of interest being blurry when far away, such as the Milky Way in Arizona
- When using a wheel, Input Settings now disable the ‘Trigger Feedback’ slider
- Further fixes for instances of ‘Spare Some Change for Gas?’ Achievement/Trophy not unlocking at the correct time.
- Fix implemented for the Ghosts setup and display when the player sets the fastest global time
- Removed options for user input whilst loading into a private lobby, which can cause players to move to an empty lobby
- General performance and technical updates across the board to improve game performance and quality of life
While these technical changes are nice as far as the performance and health of Dirt 5 go, update 5.00/5.01 mainly focuses on that new Super Size Content Pack. With several new cars, liveries, career events, and sponsors, there’s a lot of content to unpack from just that. That’s not even going over all the free content, including the new Sao Conrado and Rio Seafront tracks, perfect for a trip to Brazil. With such a large update for the game, we hope you enjoy everything there is to offer.
Dirt 5 and update 5.00/5.01 are available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. While the game is available on Google Stadia, the update for the platform will come later. For more information regarding this update, check out the official website.